Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

I Need Help..i Dont Know What to Do!!

Hey yall. Im 19 and my bf is 16. Im pregnant and hes not acting like hes going to help me. Me and him have only been going out for only a month this coming up 30th of november. But I was wondering how long it takes for you to really start showing. Bc my ex boyfriend and I had sex about 3 or 4 months ago and after that I hadnt had my peroid. But I wasnt showing. Im just confused on wether it is my ex's or my boyfriend now. I need someones help...Please. Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 25th, 2004
Experienced User
Your doctor should be able too tell you how far gone you are when u go for your ultra sound.

Not saying this applys too your b.F, but 16 yr old boys are usually very immature. My b.Fs 18 and he still acts younger than my 16 yr old brother.

Hope it works out
|

Right now he is acting very immature and he usual isnt. And what hurts me is that I found out that this girl is calling him and telling him she wants to be with him, and he hasnt called me in 3 days and im scared that he will leave me...I just dont know what to do. Oh, and did you ever start to leak from your boobs like when you first starting showing??
|

Experienced User
My breasts havent leaked at all during my pregnancy. Too be honest I didnt think that was supposed too happen till 38 weeks plus.

If I was you, id chase that b.F up and ask him exactly what he is thinking, and how he feels about the situation, thats if you have told him.

Your 19, its not impossible too raise a baby on your own.
|

I have told him I was and he was excited at first and now I think he is scared of the thought. He is still in school and im in college now. I still havent told my parents bc im scared of that to. But my ex bf's mom knows and she said she would pay for the doctor visit...Im just scared hes going to leave me stranded...And when I try to talk to him he always seems to change the subject..
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Re: I Need Help..i Dont Know What to Do!!
pinkxxxstarz wrote:
hey yall. Im 19 and my bf is 16. Im pregnant and hes not acting like hes going to help me. Me and him have only been going out for only a month this coming up 30th of november. But I was wondering how long it takes for you to really start showing. Bc my ex boyfriend and I had sex about 3 or 4 months ago and after that I hadnt had my peroid. But I wasnt showing. Im just confused on wether it is my ex's or my boyfriend now. I need someones help...Please. Embarassed

sounds like the ex is the dad- everyone shows at different stages. Go to a doc for an ultrasound and he'll be able to tell u how far along you are and then you can figure out who the dad is.
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2004
Advanced Support Team
Hun first off I wnt to say good luck to you.. Secondly if he is acting that way now chances are he will act like this later. Right now you need to worry about yourself and the baby. You can always go to the hospital and be seen. They will take a blood and urine test, then they will do a sonogram to see if all the dates match up.. This is my opinion. Like I said good luck with whatever you decide
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Good luck hun!!
|

Thanks yall...I need the support right now
|

Experienced User
I wish u the best of luck.
|

Experienced User
Re: I Need Help..i Dont Know What to Do!!
pinkxxxstarz wrote:
hey yall. Im 19 and my bf is 16. Im pregnant and hes not acting like hes going to help me. Me and him have only been going out for only a month this coming up 30th of november. But I was wondering how long it takes for you to really start showing. Bc my ex boyfriend and I had sex about 3 or 4 months ago and after that I hadnt had my peroid. But I wasnt showing. Im just confused on wether it is my ex's or my boyfriend now. I need someones help...Please. Embarassed

it sounds to me like it it would be your ex's, yeah when you go to the doctor and they calculate everything you will know for sure whos it is by the date of conception. With all of my pregnancies I knew right away I was pregnant, like within the first 2 weeks I could tell because I was already showing. I guess its different for everyone bcuz my friend is barely 2 weeks behind me and I look like a incredibly cow, and she is skinnier than ive ever been, shes only gained like three pounds (not to healthy if you ask me)
what about your ex does he know, and if its his is he willing to help?
As for your current bf hes 16 hes probably just scared, either way just know that there are millions of strong women out there that go it alone, even with more than one kid. I wish you the best.Let us know how everything works out. By the way have you been to the Dr. Yet??
|

Experienced User
Pink, its me again and I just wanted to say, dont stress thats bad for the baby, and if youre worried about financial help theres lots of it out there. If youre worried about someone to help you care for the baby, you will have so much love for him, or her youll be able to do it. One more thing tell your parents, even if theyre not thrilled about it at first, thats their grandbaby theyll come around, after all who can resist a baby. :d
just my opinions.
|

replied November 27th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I know how you are feeling. My ex-bf is 24 and has a 4 yr old daughter w/his x-wife yet he wants nothing to do w/this child!! I will be a single parent and I know I can do it b/c of my love for this baby!! You can do it if it comes down to it!! I am here if you need to talk.
|

replied November 27th, 2004
Hey guys...Yall have helped me so far. I know I can do this alone if I have to but I would feel so much better if I had someone to care for me and the baby. No, I havent gone to the doctor. But I am, dont you worry. I am suppose to go next week. Right now, I want to wait to go to the doctor and then I am going to tell my parents. I know that they will be angry and all and I know that they will be supportive. Its just I think they will be disappopinted in me. I am the only girl out of 5 brothers. 3 of them are married and have kids of their own. Im just going to feel like im the bad person bc I didnt wait til I was married like my parents were wanting. But I guess you cant get everything you want in life, huh? And yeah, I am thinking it is my ex's bc how would the baby be kicking?! When it kicks, it does feel like a thump, right? And I think it makes me sound like I sleep around but I dont. I just broke up with my ex bf and we still had sex after we broke up, and when we stopped talking...I starting going out with my bf now...And we didnt have sex til we thought was the right time...And well, when we used protection...It didnt protect us obviously...Im just confused and mad since my bf hasnt called...This makes it I think 5 days since he has called...Im scared..
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...