I have a urinary tract infection and I cannot get into the doctor for a while, but its killing me. What can I do since I cannot get a prescription, do you guys have any ideas for what I can do or what might help... Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
Azo makes a pill that will take away the pain but not the infection, you can take it until you go to the doc, I have one right now also
|

replied November 23rd, 2004
Hey... I used to get urinary tract infection all the time I was in the doctors office almost every two weeks, and once I ended up in the hospital for 3 days.. But I kept gettin them and my parents bill was sky-rocket. I did some research and was trying home remidies, this might sound weird but trust me it works wonders, take alka-seltzer (use the directions it says on the box) it will start feeling better almost right away. It helps clear the infection...And drink a lot of cranberry juice.. I was drinking up to a half a gallon a day...

Trust me it works...I have been in the doctors once in the last year with it...Instead of every other week....

Bust of luck.. Smile
|

replied December 27th, 2004
Do you guys know if becoming sexual active causes uti's or not....
Thanks
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Try drinking cranberry juice daily or go to your local health food store and you can purchase cranberry pills..Thanks
rhonda..
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Experienced User
luvergurl89 wrote:
do you guys know if becoming sexual active causes uti's or not....
Thanks

it can certainly increase your chances, that's for sure.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....