I have a urinary tract infection and I cannot get into the doctor for a while, but its killing me. What can I do since I cannot get a prescription, do you guys have any ideas for what I can do or what might help... Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 24th, 2004
Ouch! I had one in january and I went straight to the er (insurance covered it as an emergency)... It will probably only get worse... Just drink lots of water (cruel, right?) and cranberry juice... Thats pretty much all that you can do until they give you the magic pills that take everything away.
|

replied November 26th, 2004
Re: Urinary Tract Infection
sofreshnsojade wrote:
i have a urinary tract infection and I cannot get into the doctor for a while, but its killing me. What can I do since I cannot get a prescription, do you guys have any ideas for what I can do or what might help... Please help

the best thing to do right now is to drink cranbery juioce as much s you can. Try not to wash yourself with soap or bodywash which will destroy the normal mushrooms of your body. You need to keep the body's natural mushrooms in order to protect you from other diseases. Cgange nyour underwear 3 times a day. Prepare a galo of warm water which is included with one tea spoon of soda powder, whenever you go to toilet, try to wash yourself with that. It would be a great help. Keep us posted if any improvement appears up.
|

replied December 8th, 2004
It Came Back
I called my doctor and he put me on some strong medicine for my urinary tract infection. One I took 3 times a day for 2 days and the other for 5 days two times a day. Well I was fine and then I waited about three weeks after finishing my medicine to have sex, and it came back. I am bleeding when I urinate, and it hurts so bad like I have to goto the bathroom so bad, but I only urinate a lil bit and its very painful. I don't know whats going on,,,,please help
|

replied January 27th, 2005
A few years back I had the uti from hell! :twisted: my dr put me on strong meds but within one-two days of finishing them my infection came back. I was doing all the right things you should do but it turns out I just had a monster infection and ended up going on two cycles of meds back to back and it finally went away. Good luck!
|

replied April 29th, 2005
I posted this for a previous post and I see you are asking again.

In addition to what I say below, I want to add that although I have been without sickness for a long time, I have been fighting a fungus infection. One of the drugs prescribed for me said a side effect was "fungus infections" duh, so I just decided to go with herbs.

I forgot to mention to you that you should also explore herbs. Just put "uti" and "herbs" into google and you'll get lots of information. I should also state and I am 100% against drugs and will do almost anything to avoid them because every time I take a drug for one thing, I end with with two side effects that are harder to treat than the original.

Back to the herbs - - after a long period of time experimenting with various herbal medications, I hit upon a combination of herbs that are finally helping, but something new and exciting happened in the last two weeks. I ran out of my oral garlic tablets, which I usually take on a regular basis with my other vitamins and food supplements, and the rate of healing of my fungus problem slowed down! When I realized what was happening, I raced out and bought some more garlic and am now taking 500 units/ mg three times a day, and healing has resumed. So regardless of what else you are doing for your body, add garlic tablets. Garlic is a food, and it can't hurt you, and you can't really overdose on it, as if anyone would want to. Study about garlic and you will be amazed. The russian army used it in wwii when it ran out of penicillin. Think about that ! ! !

Now follows my original post when this question was asked before.

I'm not sure why this post on uti is in with cosmetic surgery, but whatever.

I am a great proponent of chiropractic as a starting place for almost everything. People think that chiropractic is about the bones, but it's really about the nerves which are protected by the bones of the spine. If the nerves are irritated or pinched, the wrong messages go back and forth between the brain. So I suggest you start with a good chiropactor.

Next make sure you are drinking 8 larges glasses of pure water (distilled is great) daily. Cut out all the bad stuff - no coffee, tea, soft drinks, alcohol, none, zero, zilch. Your kidneys and bladder are unhappy so you must not abuse them, and give them only that which is healthful to them. Drink only water and fruit juices. Since I started drinking cranberry juice, I haven't had sickness of any kind . . . Including uti's or colds. I see a chiropractor once a month forever.
|

replied August 22nd, 2006
But Why?!
Hello, I have come to find some answers. I have had four utis over the past 8 months and the last two have been in the space of three weeks. I am about to go on holiday with my boyfriends parents and worry about getting one abroad! I need to know the causes of utis, how can I keep them at bay? Am I doing something wrong? Please answer me quick as I leave for the dreaded holiday shortly!
|

replied June 16th, 2012
uti
i am only 16 years old and experiencing my first uti reading you guys post have helped my detect it an try to help it while i still got it my bladder is really swollen nd its starting to hurt more and more every day and i also dont have insurance or the money to pay for it im stuck in a hard place and somethings gotta give its only gonna get worse and theres nothing i can do
|
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....