Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

Please Help Me! Baby With Unknown Rash..!!??

My 16-month old has a rash that is covering her entire body. It looks and feels like she has goosebumps all over. Her eyes seem to swell a little bit off and on. Sometimes she looks better to me and sometimes she looks worse. She's had it since tuesday... She woke up with it. I took her to the doctor (nightime care) wednesday night and the doc could only surmise that it was either something viral or something she came into contact with. I don't think it would be viral, because her twin sister has not gotten it and they constantly switch off binkies and drink out of the same cups. It hasn't really changed since tuesday. She has no other symptoms. She doesn't seem bothered by it. But I am. I don't know what to do to make it go away. I don't know what caused it, so I don't know what to keep her away from. Has anybody experienced a rash like this? Do you know how long it might last? Is there anything I can do to help it go away faster? Please, any advice would be helpful. I really need some answers, or at least something that might point me in the right direction... Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 24th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
My daughters sometimes look like they have a 'goosebump' type of rash. For them it's just dry skin. I try to lotion on them, but when I slack off their skin gets irritated. Hope that helps.
|

replied December 16th, 2004
My Daughter Got the Same Goosebump Rash! Please Help!
To the mom who posted the email on goosebump on nov 20: my 2-year old daughter got the exact same goosebump as your daughter. Did your daughter's rash go away? My daughter has had it for 5 days. Please let me know about anything you did to help it go away. Thanks!
|

replied August 10th, 2005
My Cousin Has a Rash
My cousin who is 14 months old developed a rash from head to toe. The doctors don't know what it is. She has now got pneumonia and is in hospital. I don't know if they are related but I will let you know if I find out what it is. She has been in hospital for 9 days now.
|

replied December 7th, 2005
My 2 1/2 Year Old Has the Same "goosebump" Rash
Hey do you people reply to each other? My daughter has had this rash for 2 months. We have been to the doctor three times.
It started with a "yeast infection" when the yeast infection cleared up, she was left with a goosebump type rash which slowly creeped over her entire back. She has had it now for two months. Does anyone know an answer to our problem?
|

replied January 26th, 2013
My daughter's story is identical to yours!! Yeast infection, then this rash. It's all on her face and back and chest. The doctor has no idea what it is.
|

replied July 1st, 2006
No It Is Not Stevens Johnson Syndrome
It is keratosis pilaris! Small children get a goosebump like rash from clogged sebaceous glands under the skin. Harmless, yet ugly! My daughter is 14months and after several doctors appts. I have found out with my own research that it is kp.
|

replied January 25th, 2009
HI MY SON HAS A RASH THAT LOOK'S LIKE GOOSEBUMPS, HE IS NOT SICK AND STILL VERY ACTIVE , I TRIED AN OATMEAL BATH AND LOTION BUT IT SEEM'S NOT TO GO AWAY . HIS SKIN FEEL'S SO DRY SOMETIMES. HE HAD IT ON HIS LEG'S BUT IT SEEM'S TO HAVE WENT AWAY BUT HIS BACK AND TUMMY . HE'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR OVER A WEEK NOW . HE WAS FINE UNTIL HE HAD A BITE OF A SPRING ROLL AND THE NEXT DAY HE HAD THE BUMPS . PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOW'S OF SOMETHING I CAN DO LET ME KNOW . THANK'S .
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2009
Experienced User
My daughter gets a rash on her face and upper body when her skin is really dry. I didn't know what it was at first but it started when the weather got really cold and dry. I thought she had a food allergy because her skin was red and peeling. It seems to be under control now though. I just moisturize her constantly throughout the day, every time I change her diaper or wash her face. I also use Oilatum (and occasionally epsom salts) in her bath and lots and lots of Aveeno unscented lotion after. Sometimes I rub almond oil on her also. I had keratosis pilaris when I was younger too, so she has probably just inherited my skin problems. I don't use anything scented on her at all, laundry detergent (arm and hammer), soap (aveeno unscented creamy wash - in very small amounts), lotion, and I don't shampoo her hair at all, just a tiny bit of creamy soap once in a while.

All of this seems to have helped us. I know how worrying it can be. I went through so much worry over what she ate, keeping journals and eliminating different foods. But I think she just has dry sensitive skin.

Hope you figure it out.
|

replied July 9th, 2009
tiny rashes that look like goosebumps, what is this?
My son 31/2 yr old son also developed tiny rashes all over his chest area and back and some on his legs and like kimtwins baby his eyes also swell on and off. He seems to be fine but it worries me. anyone with any info, please share.
|

replied August 6th, 2009
kimntwins, I suggest you go to a dermatologist not just a doctor regarding with the skin rashes because they specialize in skin disease. yeah..it's quite disturbing to see a baby covered by rashes. It's not normal I think and only the dermatologist is the right person you ask for help because they will advise you a medicine that could help you.
|

replied July 21st, 2012
infant goosebump rash
my daughter got the exact same rash after an ongoing yeast rash that when it finally went away this other rash came on and has been persistant. my doctor said that it was something viral and not to worry about it since th baby does not seem bothered by it. it covers her whole body except her hands, feet and bottom. her bottom has always had some time of barrier and when she had the yeast infection rash i had all kinds of stuff on her bottom including triple antibiotic because she had open sores, she has had it a week now and it is seeming to be better all i have done is give her a bath everey 3 days in baking soda and i have put 100 percent aloe vera gel on her. who knows what causes these rashes it could be anything.
|