Last edited by bluebubble888 on February 7th, 2005 10:16 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
U sound like me I kno the cahnce of getting preg but I dont take em lol im in the same house I might be but im really not too sure i',m gunna wait a lil more tooo c keep us posted o by the way im amanda
|

Experienced User
Look im sorry.. But if you are intentionally having sex when you know you can get pregnant... Then you are trying to conceive a child.

You are obviously aware of the poissibility of getting pregnant.. So its either ignorance or ur ttc.. Thats how I see it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I agree with the last post, just not quite so harshly Sad
|

replied November 21st, 2004
Experienced User
I have never "intentionally" had sex to try and get pregnant. Never. My boyfriend and I always have sex up to 5 times a week, so it's not like this past week different. Thank for the "support" guys.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Re: Just a Question*
bluebubble888 wrote:
last month when I thought I could be pregnant and wasn't, I have to admit I was a little disappointed......This past week is when i've ovulated and me and my boyfriend have had sex like 6 or seven times! I'm not trying to get pregnant~just not preventing it.....Is that real terrible? Sad

"this past week is when i've ovulated and me and my boyfriend have had sex like 6 or seven times!
Just not preventing it.....Is that real terrible?"

sure sounds that way to me, sorry, it could be a subconscious decision or something, and we are trying to support the fact that you said you don't want to, if you aren;t sure, then you shouldn't have a baby. And if you know how to prevent it, then you should, not just risk it because maybe you want to have a baby, sex is great and fun, but the outcome if you aren't careful can be life altering.

Just not preventing it.....Is that real terrible?
|

Experienced User
I think there is a huge difference between having sex intetionally to get pregnant, and just having sex like normal. For the past year we have had sex without condoms and nothing has happened so I could say that I was not "preventing it". I don't know why noone understand me. It's any different than other times. And besides I don't need people to put me down when I am 18 and am an adult anyways!! What are you trying to say~~that it's terrible?!?! Fine I can live with that, but as I said before, there is a huge difference between just going about your sex life like normal and intentionally trying to get pregnant. Ugh! Mad Mad Mad
|

Experienced User
Sorry guys~didn't mean to blow up......Just a touchy subject I guess.....Sorry agiain Sad
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
Ok here is my input
you are having sex, and you know that you can get pregnant so..... If you are doing nothing to prevent it than it means that you dont care if you get pregnant or not. So to answer your question no it's not terrible to prevent pregnancy as long as you know what you are in for
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Not trying to get pregnant and not preventing it would be having sex when you know you're not as fertile. But ovulating or not you can still get pregnant.

I got pregnant with my son a year after being with my bf (and a few months of graduating hs). Our sex was normal too. I wasnt preventing nor was I ttc. It happened. Same as baby num 2. Sex was the same and he came 3 years later. I dont know about ovulation and what not...So I know I was just having sex to have it and be close to him.
|

Experienced User
Thanx tazzy~that's kind of how I see it Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
You know what can happen ifyou dont use protection. You could get pregnant. When you say you are having "normal sex" to me, normal sex is having sex, yet using a birth control method. On the other hand, if you are not preventing it, you know you could get pregnant, and apparently wouldnt mind it if you did get pregnant. So why would you ask if it is terrible? Obviously you dont think it is so terrible if you are doing it yourself. Just my opinion
|

Extremely eHealthy
Any time you have sex,the possibility of conception is there.Sperm can live inside the body for several days,so, you can get pregnant almost any time you have sex.As long as you are fully aware of how having a child will change your life and relationship and you are not using contraception,chances are you will be parents soon.Just remember that having a child together means that the two of you will always be connected in life through your child.That is not to say that you will or will not be with each other,but it will mean that you will have to see each other from time to time,if your relationship does not work out.Just one more thing to consider.Patty
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hi blueie!!! I didn;t mean for you to take that the wrong way, but like we have all discovered b4, it is hard to know what someone means w/o hearing their tone and seeing their face, I am lucky I didn;t get preg when I was younger, so I am not saying anything is terrible... Just saying wince you are thinking of it maybe you should try to prevent it so you won't have as much added stress in you life.

Best wishes
|

Extremely eHealthy
I agree---you wont have to be worried all the time about being pregnant if you use protection and birth control
|

Experienced User
Thanks ya'll....I agree it's really hard sometimes to talk to people through a forum because you cant really see their expressions.... Surprised
life can just be so frustrating sometimes.....
|

Extremely eHealthy
I know what you mean
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2004
Community Volunteer
You'll get pregnant whether u use protection or not sometimes-- the first 2 times I got preggy I was on the pill (i miscarried both of those) I am alergic to latex so condoms are out of the question unless they have no latex (and those are expensive) this time my bf and I have been having sex for 3 1/2 years with no protection and him coming in me and I never got preggy untill a few months ago so it goes to show it can happen whenever, but if you are not , not trying then u are trying.
|

replied November 23rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Having a baby is not a casual decision. I didn't think about the actions I was commiting till it was 2 late. My xbf and I were not being safe and now I will be raising a baby by my self!! He promised to be there at the beginning which made it easier to except but now he wants nothing to do with his child Mad . Just think about it before u decide and you should talk to your partner. You are still very young and a baby is forever!
|

User Profile
replied November 23rd, 2004
Community Volunteer
newmommy23 wrote:
he promised to be there at the beginning which made it easier to except but now he wants nothing to do with his child Mad .

what a jack "bum"- I hope you have a supportive family.. Is you ex the reason you are overseas?
|
Tags: pregnant
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....