If I buy folic acid at my local duane reade store is it the same as what the doctor would give me.... Will it harm me if I buy it from the store rather then the doctor..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 21st, 2004
What your doctor will give you are prenatal vitamins.. Which includes folic acid.. But you can always take folic acid from the store, it wont' do you any harm.

Folic acid is a water soluable vitamin, which means, even if you take both prenatal vit that contain folic acid and a separate pill that's only folic acid, if your body only needs 400mg of folic, than that's all your body will absorb, the rest will be discarded in your urine.
|

replied November 21st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Kiss-me...Forgive me I forget, are you trying to concieve? And how old are you??
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....