Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

I Have Misjudged Pro Choice (Page 1)

I have been reading and reading and missing the whole point to the pro choice argument, its not that the woman has right to decide what is in her body.

Simple equation

failed birth control = need for legalised abortion!

Pro choicers (on this site anyway) will call names of women who have abortions after not using birth control but will support and deffend women who have abortions after using birth control.

It seems they recognise the life when no birth control is used but not when it is used.

Planned parrenthood said (something like this)

"for years people have lived there sex lives dependent on the security and safty of birth control. Legalised abortion remains a need for those people in case of birth control failure"

seems using birth control gives women the right to kill children not abortion!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I'm not saying that there is a difference!If a woman is using birth conrol in a responsible manner and gets pregnant anyway,she should be able to do what she sees is right for her at the time.Do you realize how many children would be in the social service system if all women chose to give their babies up for adoption???The system is already overburdened with so many children that are not getting adopted!!Would you yourself adopt a crack baby or a child who was abused the first two years of her/his life??How about people who have adopted a child only to have the birth mother change her mind and take that child away from the only family he has ever known??That is a huge reason that so many people who do choose to adopt go overseas to adopt their children.No birth mothers to take the kids back and a larger percentage of the children available are babies or toddlers.Until you can honestly say that you would open your home to these children,many with lifetime special needs,please do not say that they would all be adopted.That is not true,just look up a local social worker and ask how many kids need placement.Patty
|

Extremely eHealthy
I don't think woman who dont use birth control and have several abortions are horrible people because they are still exercising their right to choice which is something that we advocate. I would be a hypocrite to say that one choice is wrong and another isn't when they both dont' cause harm to anybody. I think the woman is irresponsible but if she wants to have several early term abortions than that is her perogative. I don't condone it but I won't say that she is a horrible person and try to take that choice away.. I have better things to do with my time.
|

Experienced User
I have recently seen statistics that the majority of abortions done are the first for a woman, which basically means that a majority of women only ever have one abortion. Something like another 25% are to women who have had one previously. Then there are some women who have more, although these could be spread out over many years.

If you are using birth control, it obviously means that you don't want to be pregnant. So why is it surprising that abortions are needed by women when birth control fails?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Why do most of you say abortion shouldnt be used as a form of extreem birth control,according to you isnt that exactly what its for!

So birth control takes away any responsibility of being pregnant, it wasnt you who got yourself pregnant, it was the failure of birth control

"if you are using birth control, it obviously means that you don't want to be pregnant. So why is it surprising that abortions are needed by women when birth control fails?

If someone isnt using birth control does that mean they do want to be pregnant?

What is supprising is that you see using birth control as giving you a right to having an abortion.

The pope said

birth control and abortion are "fruits of the same tree"

i would like to ask a question

if all forms of birth control were banned including contraception(something I am not advoctaing) would people be less willing to have sex until they were willing to accpet their responsiblity towards the child and each other thus rendering abortion as not needed?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Izzy
It is obvious that you do not understand pro-choice at all!!!!!! You do not have the right to judge us pro-choice people anyway!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied November 16th, 2004
I have every right to judge what you stand for as a group, I dont judge individuals
|

Extremely eHealthy
izzy wrote:
so birth control takes away any responsibility of being pregnant, it wasnt you who got yourself pregnant, it was the failure of birth control

i see there is a basic gap in your sex education. Here's some remedial information: women do not get themselves pregnant. In general, there is a man involved. In rare instances, the archangel gabriel is held to be responsible, although the only one who was ever stupid enough to believe that one really was joseph....
|

You are a disgrace!
|

Extremely eHealthy
izzy wrote:
you are a disgrace!

pot..Kettle..Black

hate to keep using that but it describes it so well.
|

replied November 17th, 2004
Cool
|

replied November 17th, 2004
Cool
|

replied November 18th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Was there anything relevant and truthful you were trying to convey here, or was it all rant and attack? What was the point of your misleading post here? Question
|

replied November 21st, 2004
Experienced User
steen wrote:
was there anything relevant and truthful you were trying to convey here, or was it all rant and attack? What was the point of your misleading post here? Question

or indeed any of hir posts?
|

Experienced User
You must have misjudged us izzy. I for one don't care how a woman came to be pregnant. All I care about is making sure she has options if carrying a pregnancy to term isn't possible.
|

You must have misjudged us izzy

are you pro choice?

I dont think so unless we have a .V.I.P on here!

You may be a supprter of pro choice lies and been decieved but your not pro choice!

Actually its quite funny - they are making total prats out of you "supporters"!

I havent misjudged you - I dont even know you
|

Experienced User
Did you not say...

Quote:
pro choicers (on this site anyway) will call names of women who have abortions after not using birth control but will support and deffend women who have abortions after using birth control.

i don't care if a woman is using birth control or not and I certainly don't talk down about a woman who needs to abort. Abortion is simply a choice. How it came to be that she needs to make that choice doesn't concern me.
|

Ah but I wasnt refering to misjuding pro choicers - but pro choice - read the name of the post!

You and the other baby killing supporters on here are nobodys - you dont have a clue!
|

Extremely eHealthy
izzy wrote:
you and the other baby killing supporters on here are nobodys - you dont have a clue!
your ignorance is astonishing. Nobody have been speaking in favor of infanticide, never mind how much you lie about that. And, of course, there is no baby before birth, your deceptive anti-choice revisionist linguistic lies none withstanding.
|

replied November 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
izzy wrote:
ah but I wasnt refering to misjuding pro choicers - but pro choice - read the name of the post!

You and the other baby killing supporters on here are nobodys - you dont have a clue!

then enlighten us izzy. What don't we have a clue about? And try not to plaigarise...
|