Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Could I Possibly Be Pregnant???

Hello to all, my name is cristina, I am new to this, I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me:

first of all my husband and I are trying to have a baby, I do not use any type of birth control. About 4 years ago I was diagnosed with severe dysplaia, but I got treatment and my doctor says everything is good, but since that my period is not at all the same as it used to be, I would get it every month, there was a time that I did not get my period for 8 months straight, and I was not pregnant, went to the ob-gyn and he gave me birth control pills to regulate my cycle. I ws not until feb of 2004 that I have been getting my period every month, I have not gotten pregnant, and I would like to know if the dysplasia has anything to do about this? Right now my last period was oct 6, 2004, today is nov 14, 2004, I got a home pregnacy test and it came out negative, if I am not pregnant then why did I not get my period? My husband has gone to get test done for his sperm count, because since I have a son he thinks he is the one with the problem, I have a 6 year old boy. When my son was 2 I got pregnant and had a miscarriage, the doctor told me that the chromosone count on the baby was low and that was the cause of the death to the baby. I was wondering if that would also have any affect of me trying to get pregnant, my husband and I and my son want to have a baby.

If someone has had a similar case, can you please give me some feed back, I don't know what else to do, I will be going to the ob-gyn soon again.

Thank you and your feed back with greatly be appreciated...

Cristina Confused Sad Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2004
Experienced User
I can't be of any help, but I did just want to let u know that I read this and I want to wish u luck. U may want to try to post this in a different forum (like the general pregnancy one) cuz more people go to other ones. Good luck again.
|

replied November 17th, 2004
Experienced User
I'm not sure about what dysplasia exactly is?? You could google it and look around and see if it has an effect on fertility! Sorry I can't be of more help, and I wish you the best of luck!!
|

replied November 17th, 2004
I'm In the Same Boat..!
Also I am new.. I know exactly how you are feeling. I am 20y/o and we have been ttc for a year now. I also was diagnosed with dyplasia. I had a colposcopy done and since my af has been ever two weeks. From what I have read it does not affect child birth and your ability to concieve in anyway. I am going to a spec for fertility on the 26th I will be asking these kind of questions at that time. I will let you know what he says. Baby dust to you... Wish you all the best.

Ashley.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....