Hello everyone
here's my story. I have two boys and had my tubes tied after the second. Divorced, remarried and had a reversal done to have more children. Only one side of my tubes are open because the other side had too much scar tissue to open and flow correctly. Someone told me that you ovulate on each side every other month, so it was going to be harder to get pregnant since my right side only ovulated every other. Does anyone know if this is true. I really am skeptical about this. I know it sounds silly but I had to ask. It's been 1 1/2 yrs since the surgery so my mind started wondering if what she had told me was true. If anyone can help me on this I would appreciate. Thanks
cin
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2003
Getting Pregnant
Hey cin, may name is sarah and I am a medical student and what you have been told is true. Your body chooses to ovulate in cycles. For example when some people get there periods they gey cramps on one side of there body rather than the other.
It took me many years to get pregnant, and I couldnt understand why I thought I had something wrong with me and then I stopped trying and it happened.
Good luck getting pregnant and god bless
|

replied October 18th, 2003
Thank You
Thank you sarah
it's been really hard to stop thinking about it but I know that's what I need to do.
So what your saying is my chances of getting pregnant are only every other month then??! This will help me understand and relieve some of the pressure I put on myself. Thanks again.
Cindy
|

replied October 18th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
No no no no no no no no. Your body does not release an egg from the left side one month, then the right next month, then the left. The process is totally wild card. You body may release an egg from ur left side 3 months in a row before you release one from the right. Any doctor will confirm this. The best time is just to keep trying around ur ovulation untill u succeed. Your body will release an egg from your good side eventually. So ur chances could be better or worse than every other month. I hope this helps and I hope all goes well for you. Good luck!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....