Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Question About Circumcisions

User Profile
I had landyn circumcised and so I had to put gauze with vasoline on it everytime I changed him so he wouldn't hurt himself. The doc said it should be fine after 5 days and today I ran out of gauze so would it be ok to put a diaper on him without it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 10th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I had my son circ'd, too. And I dont remember putting anything on it except the vas. His ring fell off about a week after he was home. (he had a little ring to hold back where they took the extra skin off). I plan on doing the same for this baby when hes born, too. I don't see a problem with him being hurt w/o gauze. Just make sure you have enough vas. To keep the diaper from sticking.
|
Users who thank Nikki n Rudy for this post: Genoo 

User Profile
Experienced User
Oh, so I still need to put vas on it? How do I do that, just put it in with my finger? Or put it on the diaper where it would touch him?
|

I would not worry about the circ. They were doing it 2000 years ago, and we didn't have vaseline back then! And good job, I know a girl who refused to get her son done bc it 'would hurt him'. Well, the emotional turmoil he is goin to go through for havin an ugly dick will make it worth it. Lol! Not from experience, but my step moms first husband was uncircumsized and she made fun of him for years.
|

You dont have to put anything on it, actually. I didn't for my son cept a few times for vas. But other than than, it usually heals itself and will be ok when its done.

Babies don't really have memoryy for pain when this happen..Once it happens, they swaddle em, bring em back and they are just as happy as before. I don't think my son would be as clean without it as he is now. I would not want to be the one to have to pull back all the time to make sure its cleaned when hes older. Imagine this when hes older..Lol him leaving and instead of yelling 'clean behind your ears' you yell 'make sure you clean behind the penis!' poor boy! Lol
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Lol that would be funny. I just changed his diaper and it didnt stick or anything.
|

Does he have a little plastic ring on there? Rudy did and I was told if it starts to fall off, leave it alone and let it fall off on its own. The belly on the other hand, I didn't so well with. His came off too early and it was still gooey. So the doctor had to put something on there to dry it up. I hope I do better this time. I am thinking buying alcohol wipes for the tummy.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
No he doesnt have a plastic ring on it. For landyn's belly the doctor gave me alcohol wipes and told me to clean it every time I change him cause the alcohol will help dry it up.
|

Experienced User
Lol I have a girl so I wasnt worried about that..
<3
marisa
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....