Okay my daughter will almost be 3 when her brother gets here. Should I invest in a toddler bed for her she is in a grow with me crib but I don't knowif by the time brother out grows the bassenet if she will be rady for a toddler bed or if I should just finda crib any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 10th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
My little cousin is in a "big boy" bed since he was 2 I think

<3
gaby
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think it would be better for you to get her a new toddler bed and then let the baby have the grow with me crid, I think it would be cheaper, ya know, but that is up to you, some mommies want to let their child use that bed unitl one day they can have it for their own little bundle of joy, in which case you may wayt to do that for both kids???
|

Experienced User
I would say go for the big girl bed. Make it a special thing you know. Like you are a big girl and you get a big girl bed that way she feels special and then when baby brother comes maybe she won't be jelous about him getting to sleep in the crib because she has a cool big girl bed. With my daughter I just put the toddler bed in her room with her crib and let her choose which bed to sleep in and I would reward her for choosing the big girl bed however she didn't get in trouble for choosing the crib just no reward. It only took her 2 weeks to completely move over to a toddler bed. She loves it now!! She thinks she is all grown up she went to the toddler bed at 21 months.
|

Extremely eHealthy
She does sleep in a big girl bed though, doesn;t she? You said it was a grow with me crib, right, but you have changed froma brib already? And you are just wondering if she will be able to switch to a different bed? My oldest has been in a big girl bed since 18 mon
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I think you should make a big deal about it about how special she is to be in a big girl bed and that she needs to be extra careful so she can be a big girl and a big sister
|

Extremely eHealthy
My kids are 20 mos. Apart. I didn't want to chance my daughter not liking another bed (wouldn't not have been able to deal with it 8/9 mos. Pregnant lol). So, we bought another grow with me crib. It was only a couple hundred dollars. I'm not sure how much a toddler bed or twin would be. You should check baby second hand stores. There's one near my house that sells furniture in great condition.
|

Experienced User
Thank you guys. Her crib grow with me crib is still a crib. I just don't want to rush her out of it. I would much rather buy a toddler bed for the reason I live off of a very small amount of moey a month. Yet if its too soon I would buy another crib a cheap one this time like just a metal one or something. She wants baby brother to sleep in her crib with her.
|
Tags: parenting
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....