Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

Lethargic Feeling Please Help...

Hello,

i am a 32 year old single male I need help please if possible I dont know what else to do I am seeing a counselor and I am on my 10th day of 10mg of paxil. I dont know what is wrong with me but everyday at work at around 11am I just start feeling tired rundown lethargic and I get a headache and I cant even talk I slur my words so I just avoid dealing with people and I just work at my desk and count the minutes till I get to go home and go to sleep. I usually sleep for about 2 hours then I feel better but I still feel depressed. I think maybe I am depressed because I am not happy with the way I look and I am not happy with the amount of money I am making (50k a year after rediculous overtime all year). I cant fall asleep without chainsmoking 3 cigarettes and I dont smoke all day! I never feel like waking up I just feel like I need more sleep I am not comfortable around people I feel like I am stupider than everyone else so I get nervous I just wish I could make everyone laugh and I wish I could just say smart things. I do cardio each morning for 30 minutes and I cook my own healthy meals, breakfast through dinner so I know it's not my diet or health. I quit drinking coffee because im afraid it makes my social anxiety worse and im also afraid it keeps me up at night (now if I have coffee I have about to 1.5 cups before I leave to work at 5am and no more for the rest of the day). My dad was an alcoholic and so I guess I am too but my job has forced me to not drink a few months at a time but when I do drink I have this fantasy of being with a girl and having sex while we are both drunk and passing out but I usually dont have a girl so I just drink till I pass out. I just feel like I am not happy about who I am because of how I look and because of how much money I make and I think that is what is causing me to feel lethargic and just want to go to sleep a lot!! Please tell me what am I supposed to do?? My psychiatrist told me I am a little hyper and paxil is making me more relaxed but I liked being hyper! I did a lot of different drugs like acid, xtc, crack, crystal, coke, pot and I think maybe all those drugs from ages 15yrs to about 25yrs made me want to be hyper or feel good all the time. The worst thing that made me go to the psychologist and psychiatrist was that everyday at work at around 11am I just start feeling tired rundown lethargic and I get a headache and I cant even talk I slur my words so I just avoid dealing with people and I just work at my desk and count the minutes till I get to go home.

Please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You should take benzodiazepines for 10 days to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Addiction, Recovery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.