Hi my name is Carla and I need some direction. Here's the deal I was diagnosed with OCD almost 7 yrs ago and I am still having some issues of taking money and most recently I forged my fathers signature on the checks and I feel like crap. Does anyone know about the combination of Luvox and Buspar? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? thanks Carla Sad
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 29th, 2003
Experienced User

the best thing you can do for yourself is be involved in therapy with a licensed psychologist/psychiatrist. They can counsel you and make sure your medications are appropriate and the proper dosage.

Along with this, you can get involved in some type of support group. Sharing with others experiencing similar situations, maybe they can share with you what has worked for them.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 2nd, 2003
a Solution
I recently have had to do some work with ocd--
may I suggest the website http://www.Ocfoundation.Org
they really do an excellent job of explaining your disorder, listing medications, side effects, and everything else you could think of. They have hotlines, and 800 numbers for you to call.
Best of luck and all my prayers are with you,
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 25th, 2008
Mental health-OCD
Carla can get well soon. It is just one of the anxiety disorders, is a potentially disabling condition that can persist throughout a person's life. You have keep in mind all good things of you life. We need to keep our mind and heart filled with happiness. Thus you can live happily. all the best.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @


Florida Drug Rehab
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 22nd, 2008
Experienced User
I think to make things right for yourself, you need to replace the money that you took and apologize to the family members for taking it in the first place.

I have OCD but not like yours, I use to work for a credit bureau so every where I go I talk to people about credit. I also talk a lot about my past abuse (which I know belongs in the past) but I am not on any medication.

You need to see your doctor and ask to have your medication adjusted or changed if need be. I know it takes time to get on the right med. Just keep pushing to fix the problem, I have confidence that eventually you will get straightened out.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These should not be taken together because it leads to a rare but serious side effect known as serotonin syndrome.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: ocd, about ocd
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.