Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Need Some Help a Lil Nervous

Ok me and my girl friend had sex using a condom (will never use trojan supra again) yes it was laced with spermicide but after ejaculating and taking the condom off there is a hole about an inch down it seemed like a lot of the sperm was still inside but its tough to say. I was pretty freaked out needless to say and am still worried but the next day at about 5 she got on her period what are the chances of her being pregnant!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Was it time for her period to come on? You probably don't have anything to worry about, but if the spermicide didn't kill the sperm, it can live for about 5 - 7 days. But i'm not sure if her body would have laready flushed it out with her period?? Sorry wish I could be of more help.
|

Ya it was time for her period she said it was due to come pretty soon. Ya I know that it can last that long and was hoping wutever the spermacide didn't kill would be flushed by her period. Hopefully someone has a little more insite thanks for yours though its a touch more comforting!!!
|

Experienced User
Hey, well here's the thing.. The only way that she could get pregnant would be if she was ovulating(the monthly release of an egg).. Ovulation in most women occurs about halfway thru their cycle(about 2 weeks before her period is due), so if your girlfriend has a regular cycle, then she probably wasnt ovulating anyways.

If your both still nervous, have her take a home pregnancy test in 10-14 days..

Goodluck, hope I could help!

Oh ya, im michelle.. 15 yrs old and 12 weeks with my first child.... Im u ever need anything else pm me

or aim oangelcc543

:d
|

Thanks that helps alot although its kinda untrue about her not being able to get pregnant cause technically you can get pregnant at any time if the sperm last long enough. W/e the situation may be i'm done with sex for awhile. But your input has been most comforting and we'll probably end up taking a test in a a week and a half or so just to make sure. And yes she is on a regular cycle at least as far as I know maybe a couple days difference here and there but that's pretty regular as far as I know. Not many girls get them on the same exact day all the time. Well thanks for the help!! Anymore input is greatly appreciated
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Two things its kidna like 50-50% because yes she got her period so she should be safe yet on the other hand I concieved on the 5-6th weekend of june and started my period on the 6th
|

Experienced User
yoyo wrote:
its kinda untrue about her not being able to get pregnant cause technically you can get pregnant at any time if the sperm last long enough.

you are right, but what I meant was that if her cycle is regular, she wouldn't be ovulating until about 2 weeks from now... And sperm can only live 3-5 days I think.... Dont quote me on that, im not sure..Haha
|

Haha I was pretty confident until the whole 50 50 thing but I guess the best thing to do is just wait a week and a half and take a test. I just wanted some odds and some things to way against some input really thanks for the advice everyone <3
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Aww me sorry I guess I screwed it all up haha ignore me
|

Lol its ok. I always think of the worst case scenario anyways not that having a kid would be bad. Don't get me wrong I love kids. But in my current condition in my life I just couldn't support a child which is important to me! But no matter things always work out I just hope she's not pregnant Confused
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....