Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

One Tiny Sore Spot In My Throat

Was wondering if anyone has any wisdom.

About two months ago a small spot on one side of my throat started getting sore. It last a week and then went away. Since then it's come back for a day or so, then goes away for two days, then comes back.

No other symptoms. Pain is mostly really mild...Almost a dry irritation rather than pain. Occasionally at its worst it gets to maybe a 5 or 6 on a scale of 1-10.

Two years ago I had a protracted sinusitis bout...Lots of sinus symptoms. The last three weeks found my throat with a single sore spot every other other day...But it usually moved around in my throat. This time it's in one spot and didn't seem to follow a bout of sinusitis. Again, no other symptoms...Swallowing isn't difficult (usually makes the throat feel better). I don't use any tobacco products.

Finally, i've always suspected I have a deviated septum; i've never been able to breathe through both nostrils very well. I sleep w/breathe right strips at night to avoid having to breathe through my mouth. I've had this condition seemingly foverer (i'm 43).

I'll likely see my dr in the next few days if the bizarre sore throat spot doesn't abate, but was wondering if anyone here has any wisdom. Thanks.

Mg
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mitchgo
|

replied November 16th, 2010
what did you discover
what did you discover? I have had a similar issue for about 3-4 months now.
|

replied November 17th, 2010
gosh this is old! this was six years ago. i went to an ENT who was convinced it was from an allergy and releated to post nasal drip. i went on some anti allergey medication and it went away...and never came back. hope that helps...try claritin or nasenex...
|
Users who thank mitchgo for this post: 3rdtimesacharm 
Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....