Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

About Five Weeks Pregnant And Feeling Some Weird Symptoms

Hi,

i was just told by my doctor that i'm about 5 weeks pregnant...This was after I felt nauceous and lightheaded and vomited a couple of times and then taking an ept test to confirm.

Now i'm experiencing double vision and I can't even drive myself to work. Does this go away? Anything I can do about it? It's very frightening.

Thanks!

Ronao
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2004
Experienced User
Well unfortunatly that is a symptom of pregnancy and it should go away in a few weeks. I dunno if there is anything you can do about it, maybe contackt your doc and find out. Good luck and stay safe on the road!!!
|

Thanks!
Thanks so very much for the fast reply and encouragement that this is one of the symptoms of pregnancy. I guess I had a different vision of what pregnancy was going to be like. Sigh! And thanks for the words of encouragement that this double vision issue should go away in a few weeks. I called my obgyn and spoke to the nurse. She said the same thing you did and she also said increase my h20 intake and get lots of rest.

Btw, I take it that's your daughter? She is absolutely adorable!

Rona Smile
|

Experienced User
Im 12 weeks, and I still have lightheadedness... And my balance is off for some reason lately too..Like i'll be walking in school, and almost fall over.. Its so odd.. And it makes me dizzy..Like motion sickness.....Is that what u have too?
|

Hi
Yes, lightheadedness and dizziness are other issues....I'm dealing with that. It's the double vision/fuzziness that's freaking me out. It's my first pregnancy....Lovely!
|

Experienced User
Yes that is my love bug. Thanks!!! Good luck with it all, when are you due???
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: About Five Weeks Pregnant And Feeling Some Weird Symptom
I got dizzy in the begining of my pregnancy like 7 weeks but it went away for me... Like I blacked out in the shower...
|

Extremely eHealthy
Re: About Five Weeks Pregnant And Feeling Some Weird Symptom
jessamyn wrote:
i got dizzy in the begining of my pregnancy like 7 weeks but it went away for me... Like I blacked out in the shower...

that sux, I didn;t black out, but in pregnancy #2 I fell in the shower during my 6th month, I hit my head on the side of the tub and it bounced off and hit the faucet and I also hit my stomach on the side of the tub so of course I went to the labor and delivery... They swore up and down my husband pushed me!!!!!! I was so mad that someone could think of him that way!!! I know they were just doing their job, but they would not stop asking, and richard didn;t even get mad about it like I would have!!!! He said we know what happened, we are here for you and the baby......
So girls, be careful
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The only reason they must have thought that hunni was because woman who do get beat use excuses like that alll the time... They are only concerned!
|

replied November 9th, 2004
Experienced User
I do know that when you are pregnant you loose your center of gravity.. That is why when you are pregnant you cant ride a bike... When my friend was pregnant I went to the doctors with her and he told us that...
|

Extremely eHealthy
I know now why they were acting that way (and in the back of my mind I knew then and I was mad at all the dumb girls who get beat and lie about it... Sorry if that offended anyone) but I was 6 mon preg and worried about my baby and in my mind they were wasting time with something irrelevant, especially after the 7th or 8th time of me telling them that yes I was sure I fell in the shower, ya know
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I had to give up horses
|

Experienced User
Double vision happened to me to gurl..Sometimes my eyes would get so bad I couldnt see at all out of one of them...I went to my eye doctor and they said it was prob caused by pregnancy...After then I havent had them again.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Morning sickness or preeclamsia.
|

replied November 10th, 2004
Experienced User
Yeah i'm about 6 weeks preg, i'm getting the morning sickness, at all times of the day, and major headaches. No double vision or light headedness yet though.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...