User Profile
Hi everyone,

i'm new to this forum so please bare with the questions. My fiance and I are getting married on 19 march 2005 which I cant wait for. But what we cant wait for even more is to start a family. I am going off the pill at the end of this week. The maximum I will be if I fall straight away will be 16 weeks....Although I think the chances are slim but I guess you never know. Will I be showing at the wedding? I really dont care if I do, but I already have my dress so i'm kinda hoping you will all say no!!!

I'm really nervous and excited about trying to conceive, i'm just not looking forward to the possible dissapointment of not being pregnant.

Jill
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I know I posted to you last night so I don't know what happened, but anyway your belly more than likely will have changed in some way. My belly was bigger with both of mine and I had lost weight (from morning sickness). Just a thought- you should spend some time with your man just being married, without kids. I miss spending a lot of time with mine. We had our first child and then I had an iud inserted. It should have given me up to ten years to have another, but just 20 months later we had baby number 2. You never know what will happen in your life. Take your time. I've been married for 6 years and I love it. Congratulations, marriage is awesome!
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2004
Experienced User
Thanks for your reply. We've spoken about having time to ourselves before the pitter patter. I'm 23 and quite happy to wait another 5 years to have children, however dale's almost 30 and doesnt want to feel like he's an old dad. I've always wanted children and well we've just bought the big family home and I guess we're both looking forward to it and ready. I guess we'll wait and see if I fall pregnant straight away too, hopefully no complications!
|

replied November 9th, 2004
Experienced User
Hey,

my husband and I were the same way. He pretty much purposed to me and a couple months later we tried to get pregnant. At my wedding I was only 12 weeks and my dress had to be altered. Mostly because of bloating. You don't want it being too tight. I think my husband and I spent enough time together while we were going out and while we were engaged that we were both ready. Getting posted far away from home was a kicker but it's working out for the better. Now we've got number 2 on the way and by the time the husband is able to retire both kids will be out of the house, or close too it and we'll be able to do what we both want to do and that is travel and we'll both still be relatively young.

Good luck to you and your husband
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....