Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Possible Recurrence

I was diagnosed over 2 years ago with squamous cell carcinoma of the tonsil with lymph node metastasis, stage 4b. I underwent a modified neck dissection, radiation and chemo. I have had clear scans, however in the last 2 months, I have had a feeling of something stuck in my throat on the left side( that is where my cancer originated). I have some referred ear pain, however not constant, as well as tingling around my mouth and chin. My throat does not hurt to swallow, however it does feel irritated, like a burning sensation, but mostly on the left side. I saw my ent/surgeon in october, and he gave me a full exam, stating everything looked good. He said something about gerd and to start taking zantac ( I do have constant heartburn for which I am taking tums). He also said something about scar tissue. I had a chest xray in july which was all clear, but I feel he is reluctant to scan me because I am 7 months pregnant :d . I will be having a ct in january after the baby is born, but I cant help feeling like the canced is back. It is consuming me. I just want the rest of my pregnancy to be stress free. I'm sure I can insist on a scan, but if it has recurred, what are my options. Any advice? Anybody have similar symptoms? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2018
Since the physical examination and the X ray done has been normal, there is no need to worry about the unthinkable.

First relax and enjoy your pregnancy, and be positive. Everything might turn up just fine.

Speak to a counsellor and seek help to manage your anxiety.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.