Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

If Not Pregnancy, Then What?

I've been feeling a bit under the weather for the past couple of weeks. I started feeling nautious a couple of weeks ago, and last sunday morning I dry heaved twice (only saliva came up).

I blame the antibiotics i'm on (have been on for over 2 weeks) for the nausea, but my doctor said if I was to experience nausea and vomiting (which are common side effects), the nausea would be intense and the vomiting would be violent, and it would come within an hour of taking the pill.

But my nausea is constant, yet dull...Feels almost like there's a little too much acid sloshing around, without the fluidy feeling in my tummy. Sometimes I feel as if I might vomit but it doesn't come up.

I've been pumping myself full of pepto-bismal, mylanta, and tums for over a month but it doesn't really seem to help me any. I even intentionally overdose on them for a more effective and faster reaction, but that doesn't work either.

The only thing that cures my sickness is not eating, and all i've been taking in is fluids lately. My appetite is gone...Not that it's a problem...Between birth control and steroids i've gained 10 pounds since august, and I am in dire need of shedding those pounds, so in a way I suppose the nausea will aid me.

I've also noticed some changes in my breasts...I attribute the growth of the breasts and areolas to birth control, which I know is a common side effect. There has been no darkening of my nipples (although the pointy part of the left one is twice as big as the right one o.O), but they look really wrinkly. Also there's some little pimple-like things surrounding the pointed areas of the nipples...They appear to be shiny and sort of remind me of a raspberry's texture. They are not very big, nor do they hurt. But with pressure I was able to pop them, releasing a clear fluid and a bit of blood as well.

Could this be due to the pill, or could it be an infection?

I know i'm not pregnant because I have gotten my periods on time, although my last one seemed to last longer than usual and most of the blood passed in clots (with a circumference about equal to that of a nickel). Bleeding was not heavier, just thicker.

I am not sexually active, so I think pregnancy can be ruled out definitely - I don't even need to be on the pill, but I am for peace of mind (the most contact my boyfriend makes is hand-genital contact and always with thoroughly washed, clean hands) and to regulate my cycles.

Has anyone ever experienced the whole nipple pimple thing while on the pill?

I asked about this on another health forum and a woman who replied said the same thing is happening to her nipples, but she is 20 weeks pregnant. If there was even the tiniest chance of pregnancy in my case, the absolute farthest along I could possibly be is under 3 months (i started being semi-physical with the boyfriend in mid-august).

Conclusions (temporary):

nausea: delayed unexpected reaction to antibiotics, birth control acting up, possible negative reaction of birth control and antibiotics, possible case of endometriosis.

breast lumps: birth control, infection, they were there all the time and I never noticed until now.

Dark stranger - wonders if aliens abducted her and impregnated her in her sleep o.O
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....