Hi, my mom has lupus and has recently had what was diagnosed as being a mini stroke. Now they have done an mri of her brain and found what they believe to be a cyst on her brain. Any info on this and if it might all be related to the lupus??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 15th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
It is quite common amongst lupus patients with aps to experience tias, stroke, blood clots, etc. Remember, also, that lupus can affect the brain...

What did her lupus doctor do? Do you know if she tested + for aps? Is she on coumadin or heparin?

What else did they tell you?
Hugs,
ladybrannon
|

replied March 24th, 2009
brian cysts
my father have brian cysts which where caused by a motorbike accident. These are devoloping bacteria in the sinus passage. this is treated as meningitis bacteria. We are told that this can occur again even if its treated. Can this passage be closed or else can cysts be removed?
|

replied August 24th, 2014
lupus & brain/body cysts
My labs tested positive for Lupus however my rheumatologist said I did not have lupus. I had an arachnoid brain cyst in the left part of the cerebellum which was operated on. 6mths later they found another brain cyst in the right temporal lobe. could these brain cysts be related to lupus?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....