My son hasnt had one all day yesterday or anytime this morning. Should I call the doctor? Or wait a while and see what happens?

Btw we switched him from being excluively breastfed to supplementing with formula like last week.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 5th, 2004
Experienced User
When I switched my daughter to formula she was 6 weeks old (long story I had to pump only, she couldn't latch on) when I did that she would go like 3 days with out a bm. When I called my doctor he told me to give her a 4 ounce bottle of half-water half-prune juice (you can use apple juice too, but it didn't work as well for me) once a day for a month. It worked wonders. She became very regular after that. I hope that helps (but I would call your doc and run this by them before you give him any juice, some docs are wierd about it, others aren't)
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I would call your doc before you do anything

<3
gaby
|

Active User, very eHealthy
It is prolly from the switching of the milk. I had to try many different formulas because dom was always constipated. I now have him on nestle good start supreme. Its a miracle lol hes a lil poopy machine now and has less discomfort in his belly. I wouldnt worry too much unless he seems very upset and hasnt pooped in like 4 or 5 days they will prolly tell u what im gonna tell u. I know he is still little but give him like an ounce of gerbers apple cherry juice do not! Use karo syrup its used for flippin cooking anyway I occasionally did this do dom and his pediatrician didnt have a prob with it and it may sound gross but I took a q-tip w/ a lil of his shampoo and gently inserted the tip of it up his butt and vwala! He had a great bowel movement but u have to be verrry careful since u dont want to injure his rectum internally and if u do it frequntly they may become used to it and end up relying on it to have a bm just occasionally is ok but only if he really really seems uncomfortable. I hope this helps. ~ erica.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
My mom always told me corn makes you poop haha but I dont think thats a good remedy for babies Wink
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...