Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Gallbladder Problems Following Laprascopic Surgery

About a year and a half ago I started having severe abdominal pain when I was about 5 months pregnant. I went to the er on three or four different occasions. Every time they told me that is was indigestion due to my pregnancy. I had about 9 or ten of these painful attacks and then three weeks after I had my daughter I had another attack that just didnt end. After almost ten hours of constant severe pain I went to the er. They gave me an iv and did some blood work. I was jaundiced and my white blood count was off. The doc in the er did an ultrasound and found quite a few gallstones. Since I was jaundiced and very sick they admitted me to the hospital right then and there. They kept me on iv's and antibiotics for almost a week before I was well enough for surgery. During the surgery they found 38 gallstones. From what the doc said that is alot. After about ten days in the hospital I felt much better. However within a month of the surgery I started having more problems. I still have pain in my upper abdomin (the same spot where it hurt when I had the gall attacks) and now I have diareaha almost every day, even though I have tried to adjust my diet so I could avoid this problem. Sometimes the upper abdominal pain is so sever I curl up on the couch and can't move. Also I almost always have a bloated/uncomfortable feeling in my stomach especially in the upper middle section. More recently I have noticed that sometimes when I have the stomach pain I also have mild chest pain, shortness of breath, and pain in my back, shoulders, and arms. I didnt have any of these problems prior to surgery and have now almost become accustomed to being constantly uncomfortable. I was just wondering if these problems are related to/caused by the surgery and what if anything I can do to fix them. I am only 21 years old and am of normal weight. I am otherwise very healthy and my gallbladder had been my first real problem and my second surgery (first was a c-section). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also gallbladder problems run in my family (my sister had her gallbladder out at 16). Could this be a factor in my problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 25th, 2009
hi I have the same symptoms as you and was wondering if you got any answers to your problem??
thanx kerry
|

replied March 12th, 2010
I have been doing some research and have come up with connections between vitamin d, gallbladder, melatonin and calcium. Some of the connections between calcium and the gallbladder are: Limy bile, porcelain gallbladder, UV exposure and incidence of gallstones and mixed-type gallstones. It is my belief that the gallbladder plays a very important role in the body to do with calcium metabolism/buffering/regulation.
Try a magnesium only supplement and start off at small doses. It should take several days if it's going to work for you.
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....