Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Help! My hubby and I can't seem to agree on any names. He is hispanic, I am white.

So, here are our ideas. Please be honest about your opinions:

boys:

alejandro miguel / miguel alejandro
diego felipe
raphael (middle name?)

girls:

esperansa mia / mia esperansa
nadia grace

that's about as far as we've gotten. What do you guys think of esperansa, seriously? Are there any other hispanic names you guys can think of that are attractive? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Hello! I noticed noone had replied to your post yet and I know how annoying it is to not get any replies!! Anyway, about your post. I'm not into spainish or anything and I have no idea how to pronouce any of what you wrote, lol. Maybe some hispanics will see it and help you out. But I did know this mexican in school and her name was vanessa. I always liked that name Wink .
|

replied November 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Hello! I noticed noone had replied to your post yet and I know how annoying it is to not get any replies!! Anyway, about your post. I'm not into spainish or anything and I have no idea how to pronouce any of what you wrote, lol. Maybe some hispanics will see it and help you out. But I did know this mexican in school and her name was vanessa. I always liked that name Wink .
|

replied November 24th, 2004
Re: Anglo/hispanic Names?
Hello I am hispanic (dominican) amd so is my husband (cuban) and we wanted to choose names that sounded both good in spanish and english. We have two children trying for a third. My daughter's name is karina denise, my son's name is isaac daniel and if the next one is a boy we want to name him isaiah david (in spanish it is pronounced ee-sa-ee-ah da-vi-d) and if it is a girl we want to name her kayla dorinda which dorinda means a gift from god (in spanish it is pronounced do-rreen-da) some other names that sound good are janelle, gisele, jackie, jacqueline, samantha, jasmine, sabrina, jesenia for girls and israel(in spanish it is pronounced ee-srra-el), william, johnny,abraham, jacob, joseph or to make it simple juan or marco (lol). In spanish you would always have to roll the r's. Hope this helped you out a little bit Laughing great luck to you!!
|

replied December 9th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Same Situation
My boyfriend is hispanic as well. Im not to fond of the boy names like raul, jesus, roberto, juan...Its just not my style. So we agreed on alex for a boy (a little white, a little hispanic) and cianna for a girl. I really really wanted malibu, but he wasnt having that.
|

replied December 9th, 2004
More Girl Names
Nuvia, danya, bianca, sienna, ruby, leece, sonia or sonya
|

replied May 15th, 2005
I like all the boys names =0) they're cute! Alejandro would have the nickname (most likely) alex, so it transfers to caucasian quickly too. Diego is very masculine and reminds me for some reason of zorro...I don't know why.

I'm not too fond of nadia myself...But that's because i've known two and they both frightened me...Haha.

Esperanza. Beautimous! Esperanza mia means my hope in spanish...And italian...So I love it!
|

replied May 31st, 2005
Well im italian and my boyfriend is rican so I know what your going through lol. The names I like best are..

Tony, geno, carmine, giovanni, anthony, esteban, and angel for a boy.
And for a girl, lorena, marlina, lina, sophia, and carmela.

Hope you guys can come to a decision.
|

replied June 11th, 2005
Baby Names
Hi everyone! I am only 6 weeks pregnant, but this will be my third child. My husband was brought up by a black family but he is hondurean and my family is mexican. He cannot stand spanish names!!! My other 2 kids are not biologically his so my son's name is jose angel and my daughter's name is jazmine adrianna.
Anyhow for a girl he wants to name her.....Jazlynn micah! Cute but if it's a girl I want to name her erykah, which is the girl version of his name (differently spelled) or damita, which means baby princess.
Neither one of us has came up with a boy's name though, that's how I ended up in this forum. I was trying to get ideas from other people out there. :)
|

replied July 25th, 2005
My brother and his wife just had a baby, and im about 3 months pregnant. Long way to go! They just had a baby girl, and her name is absolutely beautiful. Nayelle..Pronounced nie-yell-ee) the name I chose, if its a girl, is gycella (gee-cell-uh) and im pretty stumped on the boys name. I was thinking of josiah or izaiah but my husband wasnt feeling them. Lol any help?
|

replied August 21st, 2005
I hate to say this but I am not very fond of esperanza. I do like that it stands for hope, but then I just like the name hope by itself. I know that I have a longer first name like that and it was annoying growing up. Here are some of the spanish names that I like, but it’s your baby so of course do what you please :0)
alita: meaning noble
anica: meaning graceful
azura: meaning sky blue
neva: meaning snow
malaya: meaning free
melisenda: meaning honest & diligent (calling her meli for short)
mireya: meaning miraculous
reina: meaning peaceful, queen
reya: meaning queen

hope that helps!!
|

replied December 30th, 2007
well ill help you with names i think Sophia would be a cute name or Alexandra Emilia Monic/Monica Anna Annabell Sandra Sandria Mariella Marie Mary Stephanie/Stephania u see if u like these names but its ur baby so u see what u like
|

replied December 30th, 2007
Experienced User
My husband is hispanic and I am white. We chose Jada Marie they are both spanish yet work well in english. There are SO many names out there that are spanish and tranfer well to english you don't have to go extremely ethnic to get a spanish name either.

For the boy I love the name Diego, for the girl I don't really care for Esperanza but there are a billion names that you could choose from that are great, there is Alexandria which can be in english and spanish, there is Jessenia or Jessica, Linda which means beautiful, Jolie which is short for Yolanda, and then a big thing with hispanics is also biblical names like Jose or Joseph, Miriam, Maria, David, etc. we have decided on names that his grandmother can pronounce as well so Jada was easy but Julia or Julianna works for us as well...Julio is a nice hispanic male name, Carlos, Antonio, Santos, Edwin, Jamie (pronounced Hymie in spanish), Juan...I think that you have a ton to work with that don't have to be extremely ethnic or hard to pronounce....remember your child will go to school with people that don't speak spanish and will have to pronounce the name as well so that can be tough when a name gets butchered.

Here are some other girl ones: Katrina, Maribella, Sylvia, Sophia, Bianca, Jade, Joanna, Isabelle
|

replied February 3rd, 2008
You probably had your baby already...
Joanna Isabelle is a perfect name because it sounds great in both Spanish and English (and Joanna is a universal name. It's used a lot in germanic and romance languages.)

Isabelle is cute and pretty. Isabelle is a sophisticated name is Spanish and it's a cute name in English.

(I know this from personal experiance ^_^)
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2008
esperansa!!!! out of zoro?? i love it Very Happy
and if a boy why not joaquin if i could get away with those name i certainly would
|