Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

?? About Gums....please Help And Read! Worried Here!

I was flossing tonight and noticed the floss went down pretty far into my gums on the bottom (see paint shop pic):

the red arrow points to how far down the floss goes.

*****heres my main question:*****
will flossing everyday make them stronger along with using listerine and act and brushing 2x a day?

Peace
cj
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 17th, 2003
When's the last time you had your teeth cleaned and x-rayed? Your teeth can look healthy and be cavity free but you can loose them from gum disease.....Make an appointment! Gigglefishy
|

replied December 4th, 2003
gigglefishy wrote:
when's the last time you had your teeth cleaned and x-rayed? Your teeth can look healthy and be cavity free but you can loose them from gum disease.....Make an appointment! Gigglefishy

you may have bone loss on that tooth and could get an infection that would cause you to lose it. Is the tooth sensitive to hot or cold? If so you could have the beginnings of periodontal disease. I had it and ignored it until the tooth became abcessed. It had to be pulled and several thousand dollars later a bridge put in. Take care of it while you still have it!
|

replied December 15th, 2003
Thats what happened to me. How is your bridge holding up? I am suppose to get one too after having my tooth extracted. Thanks, chris.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....