I will be done with my senior year in 2 weeks Smile since im doing it at the technical college ill be done since I cant take my final test until the second week in may. Im so excited because now I get to move in with ryan in just 2 weeks!!!!!!!! Yay im sooo excited which means now we can get our own apartment as soon as we are stable and know our expensise(sp?) so thats our good news

but then again I got somethin in the mial today from racine county child support stuff. Tellin me I have a court date to declair paternity? Does that mean they are doin a paternity test or whats that mean? Can yall help me out on that part and I think they are gonna start makin ryan pay child support...I dont see why since we will be livin together in 2 weeks...Has anyone else had this or got this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Aww congrats!!! Laughing Laughing how exciting!! =) im so happy for you!

Sorry I cant help you out withthat letter, I have no idea.

I think they want him to pay child support for some reason and want tomake sure he's the dad

<3
gaby
|

Extremely eHealthy
Congrats! Happy early graduation!!!!

I dont really know about the letter...When you go to court, you might wanna bring up the fact that you guys are going to be living together, or are living together. And so he dosent need to pay child support because he is already supporting you.
|

Experienced User
Well this paternity thing has now turned into a big fiasco with heather and i. The letter clearly states that they need to establish paternity for the father of the baby which is me. We have a packet from the hospital that we never turned in that will do that which is what they made a manditory court date for. They say in the letter that if we dont show up that they will take away all bennifits aka wic and medicade and all that stuff, basically saying that we are screwed. But, all they want to know is paternity to be established so they have a father on file for bennifits and just to be there and possiably even child support. So that being said I would say we can just turn in the packet we got because it provides everything that they want to know about the father (me), and everyone else that is involved. But heather thinks that after we would turn that packet in that we still would have to go to the court date even though it would have been established by then. The delema is she wont give me the phone number for the place so I can call and get it straightened out and shes hung up on me twice tonight because shes arguing and mad that I think we dont have to go. Its not that I dont want to go its just that it saves me a 200 mile trip when I dont have to and a day of work if I dont have to miss. I just want to verify what can go on then if we do or dont turn the packet in because to my understanding all we would need to do is turn the paternity packet in and notify the wic medicade and racine county child services office that we completed the form of voluntary paternity acknowledgment so theres no need for a court date to establish whats already been completed. On the other hand heather is so pissed off I think because she thinks that I just dont want to go with her to court or somthing or that I dont want mackenzie to have my lastname or I dont want to be her father, that is in no way true at all I love mackenzie and heather with all my heart its just hard to get accross somtimes especially tonight because of the mood heather is in. We just need to both calm down and now that im sure heather has read this she should understand what im trying to say without yelling at eachother and all. What does anyone else think I should do with the court date go still or call and find out what I need to do to not go and still be good with bennifits and everything? -ryan
|

Extremely eHealthy
I agree, if you can turn in the packet and not have to go then that would be the smart thing to do. Going to court costs money and time...And if you can get out of it then you should.

As long as thats all they want...
|

Extremely eHealthy
Didnt they give you a voluntary paternity establishment paper thing at the hospital? Me and kevin got one, and I believe that anyone that has a baby thats not married gets one (or at least suppost to, so the father can be on the birth certificate)... But yea, I got them papers, and I had to have it notarized (sp?) and my mom had to sign it too, since im a minor. When I went in for food stamps they told me that even though me and kevin are living together, since we are getting help from the state, he might have to pay child support, even though we live together, and I dont want child support. We have an appointment with the child support agency to see if they are going to make him. But the food stamps lady said they ,might not because of my age (i have no clue why), and since hes already supporting her and I have no complaints, but they can do what they want... I think the state gets some of the child support money, dont they? Thats probably a reason why... I dont know, the child support crap is all messed up in wisconsin... Legally, im supposed to be getting my moms child support checks I think... And also, the state can make your parents pay you for child support, for your kid!!! Your kid gets pregnant, and you gotta pay them money since they got themselves pregnant under the age 18... Messed up huh?
I hope I was some help, but yea, im sure you will have no clue at all whats going on until you go.

P.S. Im gonna make a post about the state, and pressin charges against kevin... If you are worried about any of that, read it.
|

Experienced User
Right, as long as we can provide them with anything that they need without having to go to a court date that would be the ideal thing to do, its just that heather thinks because it says in her letter that if we dont show up that all our bennifits are taken away. But what that really means is that if we dont do anything about it and just not show up because thats how the courts work.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Wow thats crazy, I just read your post ryan, I typed mine before I even read either of your posts... Yes that makes complete sense to me... For some really dumb reason, they want to know who the father is in order for you to get help from the state, I think it has to do with dead beat dads, and paying child support/helping the state pay for the kid. If it says its for paternity establishment, just call the people and find out if you still have to go if you send in the paternity papers. Im sure at that appointment(courtdate? Im sorry im being very forgetful right now) or whatever, they are just gonna have you two sign papers and such saying that ryan is the father, and if your lying that you can get in alot of trouble and blah blah blah, and if your not sure, then to take a paternity test so you dont lie and blah blah blah...
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ryan & heather- yep, you both need to calm down and get this taken care of! That is the biggest thing right now. I think if you go to court and tell them what is going on, ryan won't have to pay child support, if heather doesn't want him too, since you both will be living together in a few weeks.

Heather-congradulations girl!!! I am so happy you get to move in with ryan soon, because that means that I will get to see you so much more, since you will leave even closer to me, yay!!!

Kristin
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Awesome!! I just saw this... Congratulations heather!!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Congrats... I have my own hs graduation news, I find out if I passed my last ged test next week!! Cross ur fingers, im sure I did, I passed all the others on the first try and even got a perfect score on 1!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Ooh good luck!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...