Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Could My Girlfriend Be Pregnant?

Alright, recently I have been worried that my gf could have possibly gotten pregnant. She has been suffering from very sensitive nipples for about a week, and they have gotten quite darker than usual. She does not usually get sore as a result of her period as many girls do so I doubt it is that. Problem is that we have not really had sex, well technically we did, but I have never ejaculated directly in her, it may have gotten in there indirectly though. I was under the impression that it required a good deal of semen to get the job done but I may be wrong. Also she has been very itchy lately and I noticed in another post that someone mentioned something about that as well. Something that I think could be causing it is that before 2 weeks she had never had an orgasm in her life and now she has had several daily. I figure that all the activity may have affected a hormonal balance or something. Anyone want to fix my thinking that may be off? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 1st, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I do not believe having multiple orgasms can affect her bodily functions, sorry babe.
|

Experienced User
She could be pregnant. Is her period late?.. And to clarify.. No it doesnt matter how much semen gets inside of her. It takes one sperm..Uno, a single one to get her pregnant... And do you know how many sperm there are when u cum? Like.. Billions.. So ya know.. Even what may seem like a little to you, is actually a hefty load of little sperm....Tell her to take a pregnancy test..

I dont know about the orgasm thing.. I;ve never heard of that

goodluck,, let us know what happens.
|

Yeah, I knew it was kind of grasping at straws, but that is why I brought it up so that it could be corrected. Thanks.
|

Experienced User
No problem.. Are you trying to conceive?
|

Experienced User
If her period is late I suggest you get her a home pregnancy test. And go from there on. I do hope everything turns out ood for you both. Come back and tell us what the test said Laughing

stephanie
|

oangelc543 wrote:
she could be pregnant. Is her period late?.. And to clarify.. No it doesnt matter how much semen gets inside of her. It takes one sperm..Uno, a single one to get her pregnant... And do you know how many sperm there are when u cum? Like.. Billions.. So ya know.. Even what may seem like a little to you, is actually a hefty load of little sperm....Tell her to take a pregnancy test..

I dont know about the orgasm thing.. I;ve never heard of that

goodluck,, let us know what happens.

actually I know that it takes quite a bit more than a single sperm to get a girl pregnant, atleast in a natural manner. That is to say that each sperm has a small storage of enzyme used to get through the cell wall of the egg. It takes atleast a few to get through that. But yes, I agree that a very small amount could have the ability to do it, but the probability of it is low. My luck though is that it would have got through.
|

oangelc543 wrote:
no problem.. Are you trying to conceive?

unfortunately no. However, if it were as such, I would not say that I regretted it or that it could not be dealt with properly.
|

ladybuglove wrote:
if her period is late I suggest you get her a home pregnancy test. And go from there on. I do hope everything turns out ood for you both. Come back and tell us what the test said Laughing

stephanie

she should be getting it wednesday or so, I have been planning on asking her to take one next monday if she still had not gotten it.
|

Experienced User
Riight.. Yeah I dont really know about the sperm thing.. I really thought it was only one..? Hmm.. Shows how much the pregnant girl knows about reproduction...But question.. If it takes more then one sperm to get a girl pregnant, then technically couldnt she become impregnated by the sperm of more then one man( saying that she had intercourse with more then one in a short period of time)?.. Just a thought.. Haha

well, I wish luck to the both of you and hope everything turns out as you wihs it to.. And by the way, im michelle, 15 years old.. 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my first child.. You or your girlfriend can pm me if need anything. Laughing
|

oangelc543 wrote:
riight.. Yeah I dont really know about the sperm thing.. I really thought it was only one..? Hmm.. Shows how much the pregnant girl knows about reproduction...But question.. If it takes more then one sperm to get a girl pregnant, then technically couldnt she become impregnated by the sperm of more then one man( saying that she had intercourse with more then one in a short period of time)?.. Just a thought.. Haha

well, I wish luck to the both of you and hope everything turns out as you wihs it to.. And by the way, im michelle, 15 years old.. 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my first child.. You or your girlfriend can pm me if need anything. Laughing

well it is only a single sperm that technically fertilizes the egg, but it takes several to break through the protective membrane, first one through wins.
Good luck with your pregnancy, what are your plans? Or is that too off topic?
|

Experienced User
Ooh gotcha... No its not too off topic, I dont mind talking about it. I'm keeping my child if thats what you are asking, yes... I'm going to finish school, or get my g.E.D and continue onto college if I can. :d
|

oangelc543 wrote:
ooh gotcha... No its not too off topic, I dont mind talking about it. I'm keeping my child if thats what you are asking, yes... I'm going to finish school, or get my g.E.D and continue onto college if I can. :d

very good. I wish you luck with that. Do you have a plan, like are your parents going to help you care for the baby while you are attending school? How about the boy is he going to be involved? If you plan on going to college you must finish highschool, ged will not help with that. Just a heads up. Wink
|

Experienced User
I dont live with my parents, so ah no they arent helping me... I live with my cousin who gets money from the government each month because he takes care of me so he's going to help me, yes.

The baby's father i'm still with. Hes 19 and graduated from highschool 2 years ago. He has a pretty good job, and if we have the money or time he wants to take some night classes maybe.

And actually, there are some people I know of who've gotten their g.E.D's and gone to community colleges.. I'd rather get my high school diploma, but its going to be hard to do it the old fashion way considering im only a sophomore.

Me and a few of the girls wer just discussing the options in another post called "11 week belly pix"
|

Hey angel,
this is kinda off topic, but my freind dropped out of school at the beginning of junior year & got her ged. Now shes going to community college and doing really well. She plans on transfering. Good luck and if you try, then it's definatly possible.. And in the end.. It doesnt matter where you went to college and if you missed a little high school, as long as you have the education. I graduated early & still got my diploma - ask your school about that, I mean they dont like doing it, but they sometimes will if you meet the requirements. Wish you all the luck, kc
|

Experienced User
Thank you :d
|

replied November 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
Ged
Hey I just wanted to say that I got my ged and I took the act's. So now im going to the uofm. I was going to go to a community college then transfer, but if you take your act and get a 21 or more, it doesnt matter if you have a high school or ged.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....