Hello there I am new to this forum.

I hope you don't think my question is stupid, as it is a very genuine one.

My sister in law has very severe epilepsy and my mum is considering buying her a magnetic bracelet for a birthday gift. This in not in hope of giving any relief for the epilepsy just a nice gift. The one she considering is a very decorative with coloured and glass beads I have one myself.

Mum is genuinely concerned if it would have any adverse affect on her and I wondered if anyone here had any advice for her.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 1st, 2004
Magnetic Bracelet
If your mum was to get a bracelet with decorative beads etc attached to the bracelet,and if your sister has severe epilepsy andif she convulses , my concerns would be could she hurt herself more with the bracelet when she has a seizure or if you bought an expensive bracelet it would be disappointing to see it damaged.
|

replied November 2nd, 2004
Hello there danceman

thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question.

It may seem strange to say this but I am not sure what form the seizure's take so I am not sure if she convulses or not. I do see your point though. I will pass on your concerns to my mum tonight when I speak to her.

Blonde bimbo Smile
|

replied November 2nd, 2004
Experienced User
There have been some people who proport magnet therapy to help epilepsy. I know that this is not what you are asking. I only mention it to say that the only averse side effects I have seen in print is for some who try the magnet bed pads and using all sorts of magnets....

I do not think there is harm in her using on bracelet. You could let her borrow yours for a couple of days to see, though!

What a kind sister you are!!
|
Tags: Epilepsy, affect
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....