Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Chronic Epididymitis (Page 1)

Hi, I have a problem with my chronic epididymitis and prostatitis.
There is no any infection (c.Trachomatis, ureaplasma and so on). All the tests are negative. But bacterial inoculation says that the is a moderate ammount of enteric bacteria.
Antibiotic therapy with cipro, ofloxacin, azithromicin doesn't help me.
There is no pain in my testicles.
My doctor can't help me, i've tried many drugs such as vobenzim, ibuprofen, immunomodulatory drugs - it's useless.
In russia we have very bad medicine, please tell me a treatment regimen which I can use.
Any answer will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JasonSD
|

replied November 1st, 2004
Chronic Epididymitis
I have been having the same problem for about 8 months now. I have tried zithromax, flagyl, cipro, erithromycin, etc. My Dr.'s can't seem to help me either. If you find a cure please post the cure. I have seen so many of these forums that sound like my problem, but I never see if they found a cure. If I find a cure I will post it for you as well.

Do you have any discharge with your epdidymitis? I seem to have a few drops of clear liquid periodically.

Have you or your partner been tested for trichomoniasis?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 2nd, 2016
I know its too late to reply to this post
I am having epididymytis from past 2 yrs

I have found little cure in homeopathy go to an experienced homeopath and get cured.
|

replied November 2nd, 2004
Sorry For All the Posts
I don't know why that posted 6 times.

Sorry
|

replied November 3rd, 2004
Answer
Thanks for sharing with me your information.

If I find out some cure, i'll write you man, by the way how old are you, and what medcine helped you the best of all?
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 24th, 2012
Epididymitis is a medical condition in which there is inflammation of the epididymis (a curved structure at the back of the testicle in which sperm matures and is stored). This condition comprises gradual onset of testicular pain that can vary from mild to severe, and thescrotum (sac containing the testicles) may become red, warm and swollen. It may be acute or rarely chronic.

Chronic epididymitis is epididymitis that ensues for more than six weeks. Chronic epididymitis is characterised by inflammation even when there is no infection present. It can be a complication of prostatitis.

Infection of the prostate gland occur in young adult may spread locally in the genital system and cause epididymitis. In this cases, antibiotics are used to treat the condition. Hipbath with warm water can help to dull prostatitis symptoms. Herbal remedy which has the same effect as antibiotics' are also alternative treatment.

In older men, epididymitis is often caused by the enlargement of prostate gland. BPH can sometimes bring men symptoms like frequent urination. While epididymitis occur, they may develop symptoms like pain, tenderness, and swelling. In this case, herbal remedy which can release BPH and epididymitis symptoms can be proper treatment. Diuretic and Anti-inflammatory Pill can be used for epididymitis caused by infection and BPH, is a remarkable treatment for chronic epididymitis.
|

replied November 15th, 2004
Epididymitis
The thing that helped me the most was zithromax, however, it still doesn't cure it completley. I am 39 and live in the us.
|

replied December 20th, 2004
I Fixed My Chronic Testicle Pain
Hey guys. I first should say that I had this problem for two years and I never thought it would get better and it ruined my life. The pain was in the whole testicles and up into my lower abdomin. After seeing many many doctors I found a anethitist (how ever you spell that) who worked in a pain clinic in a downtown toronto hospital. He began to give me nerve blocks (freezing) in the nerves in my lower abdomin and at the top sides of the scrotum. It would freeze for a couple of hours and go back. Every two weeks I would get the shot. And slowly the pain subsided and then the shots became every month, then two months and after a couple months it was completely gone.

I was told that the problem was that the infection which causes the epodidymitus caused the nerves to be damaged to the point that even after the infection was over the pain stayed, and probably would still be there had I not found this doctor.

I will post this on the main board as well so everyone can see it. Hope it helps you out, I know what you're going through. Email me if you have any questions.
|

replied October 5th, 2011
I am new to the health forum but i have been dealing with Chronic Epididymitis for 3 years now and i am becomming extremely depressed and don't know what to do. Have any suggestions? I appreciate any hopeful advice. Thanks all...
|

replied March 13th, 2014
I have been having the same problem for about 7-8 months now. My urologist is unable to help. I live in Toronto too. Please, please share the Doctor/Clinic name and address.
|

replied June 13th, 2007
I was diagnosed with this a few years ago. the pain and swelling come and go. The urologist said that there was asurgery that help with the pain. I said really that sounds good. then he said do you want to have kids some day and I answered yes. That was the end of the visit. He was very short with me. So for now I just deal with the pain. I occasionaly get the lower abdomen pain and try to ignore it.
|

replied June 28th, 2007
This Might Help...
After a prolonged infection about 9 months ago I too developed Chronic Epididymitis. My Doctor and I agreed that there really was no need to continue taking Anti-biotics since there wasn't an infection going on. I moved on to taking Celebrex to help with the inflamation as well as Cymbalta.

I know, Cymbalta is an anti-depressant but it also has some use in areas of nerve pain...which is really what you are experiencing. Also, being in chronic pain kind of wears on you after a while and your brain can't heal your body unless it's running on all cylinders.

Eventually the pain got a little better so I stopped taking Celebrex and began taking Saw Palmetto and continued with the Cymbalta. Saw Palmetto is an herb for Prostate health but it helps with all functions in the male genitalia.

The pain eased up more but still it was causing me worry because sometimes it would flare up and sometimes it wouldn't.

I attempted Accupuncture and more herbs but then something happened...I became sick from the concoction of herbs I was taking. During that week, I gave up pretty much everything I enjoy...except Cymbalta which I need to take at this point to avoid premature withdrawl symptoms. The pain mostly vanished. The next week I went back to drinking coffee and such and magically... the pain was back.

So I gave up coffee. The pain is still there...but not all that often really. Most of the time I don't even notice it. I can exercise now without being in pain afterwards. Have sex normally. Things are looking positive for the first time in a long time. Anyway, I recommend giving up cafeine, maybe alcohol (but I didn't and it doesn't seem to effect the pain), eat more veggies less grease. Trying the cymbalta track and give it time.

It's not a miracle cure or anything...it took a couple months to start seeing results but at least I wasn't going crazy. Another note, when you (if you) start taking Cymbalta you may feel completely foggy for about two-four days. Essentially you are high as a kite and many sites with testimonials people love this feeling and talk about how the drug stopped working after that feeling was gone. These people are morons.

The only sideeffect I've really had is EXTREMELY vivid dreams...I'm a nightmare kind of person so that sometimes sucks but other times it's kind of fun.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I'll check this forum if anyone has any questions about dosages (which were low by the way).Good Luck!
|

replied June 28th, 2007
Experienced User
Chronic infections usually leads to chronic antibiotic use which usually leads to chronic infections which usually leads to chronic antibiotic use. See the circle.

Also, when an infection is treated, it does not mean all traces have disappeared. Since you can't take antibiotics all the time, nor should you as already pointed out, you'll have to get your body to do the healing.

Natural infection killers include anything that boosts the immune system like Vitamin C, Zinc (don't take more than about 45-50mg's of Zinc a day. Count all sources, food and supplement), Astragalus (don't take if fever is present) and Echinacea (don't take for more than a couple weeks or so, without a couple weeks break if you want to continue again). Oregano Oil, Garlic, and Colloidal Silver are great at killing infections as well.

If I had chronic infections I would avoid sugar, caffeine and alcohol. Do a infection kill using Oregano Oil and Colloidal Silver for a few weeks. Then continue taking Vitamin C and Astragalus as well as a multi-vitamin/mineral (the multi-mineral should give you some zinc, take it separately if you want more) forever. Astragalus could be dropped after several months, but it's good for the immune system so you can alway use a maintenance dose if you want. I don't take Astragalus, but if you've got chronic problems you might as well bring out the big guns and keep bombarding.

Then, and this is probably the most important. I'd replenish my probiotics. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria. They're present in and on your body and responsible for many things such as aiding in digestion, assimilation, immune system and keeping bad bacteria in check. A healthy flora of probiotics is good for all sorts of problems, infections being one of the biggest. The reason this is so important is because all of the antibiotics you've taken have killed all the bacteria in your body, the bad and the good. Without the good, the bad easily come back, hence the reason chronic antibiotic use cause chronic infections. Replenishing them extremely well will not only fight infections, but it will prevent them.

So get a probiotic supplement from your local health store or research and find a good one online. Look for one that is multi-strained, high count, and enteric coated so that it can pass safely through your stomach acids.
There's a specific strain that Mercola (a real doctor that treats his patients naturally) reports to have the highest success rate of survivning and planting itself within you, Lactobacillus Sporongenes or technically called Bacillus coagulans. If you can find one with that, go for it. FOS in the supplement is also good, because it feeds the probiotics.

Take the probiotic in a higher dose for the first couple weeks, then at regular dose for a few months. If you've got chronic problems there really isn't a problem in high dosing for longer than two weeks, so if you really want to get this straight, go for it. After that, you can just maintenance dose indefinitely. Remember to do this after any use of antibiotics or use of infection killers like colloidal silver or oregano oil.

You can also get additional probiotics from yogurt (plain, remember avoid sugar), kefir, or fermented foods like sauerkraut, pickled foods, etc. However, if all you're going to do is go to the grocery store and buy sauerkraut and pickled beets, don't bother. Those foods you find in the grocery store are not "live" with probiotics. They're either just flavored to taste like fermented foods, or they are fermented but then have the probiotics killed through pasteurization. You'd have to find true non-pasteurized fermented foods online.
|

replied December 1st, 2008
Experienced User
chronic epididymitis
Has anyone found any good cured solution for the chronic epididymitis. If so can you please post these solutions here because I have lots of pain in my right upper testicle and it has been going for more than 14 months. Please advice I have seeing various Urologist and be giving antibiotics but the problem still there please help me.
|

replied February 20th, 2009
chronic epididymitis
Hey, your symptoms sound exactly like mine. I had an ultrasound and it revealed two cysts on the right testicles epididimus Antibiotics did not work for me either. According to what I have read above, I am going to give up Caffeine and alcohol for a while. In the meantime I am going to search for some helpful herbs to assist before I take the surgical plunge to have the cysts removed which will most likely cause sterility. I have no kids am 46 and currently single so would like to hold onto these cards for a bit longer but will opt for the surgery if all else fails. Good luck to you guys and please let us know if you have found some helpful herbs that you could share.
|

Experienced User
Chronic epididymitis
Jonoman13, you definitely need to give up the alcohol and caffeine because that only makes your symptoms worse. As far as the cysts there are a lot natural things that you can take to get rid off them. From what my doctor told me having surgery to remove them is not recommended since they're small. Taking natural medicine will help to reduce them and for them to go away. One thing is for sure you need to watch what you eat and eat healthy. You can also try going to a pain clinic so you can deal with your pain and maybe have so nerve blocking injections. I don't know if you're religious or not but if you are I also would recommend for you to pray a lot so this problem can go away. Hope this helps.
|

herbs
thanks majic,

will keep all of this in mind and will also post if I find specific and helpful herbs..

j
|

replied February 27th, 2009
Cause
Does anybody know the cause of this if not STD related? I've had it for 1.5 weeks and could die right now and wouldn't care. That's how its affected my psyche. I've been taking levaquin for three days, along with anti-inflammation and ice.
|

replied February 27th, 2009
Experienced User
chronic epididymitis
Needhelp2009, If it's not an STD the cause could be a bacteria (there are so many of them), a strain etc. The cause is not the problem anymore is what can you do now to get back to normal. All of us understand the ordeal that you are experiencing right now. Hopefully you had the chance to read all the testimonies above. What I can advice you is to see a Urulogist, ask them to do all the required tests, take your antibiotics and anti-inflammatories and then go to a pain clinic if you still have the pain. You can also take herbs like saw palmmetto, kai kit wan (chinesse herbs), eat healthy no alcohol or caffeine eat healthy and pray a lot. Hope this helps and if anyone else wants to add to this please do so. All of us will appreciated because we all want to be completely cured. thanks.
|

replied July 26th, 2011
Just curious not a Wirral
well I've gone commando like my whole adult life(no underwear) could this have anything to do with it ? Or do y'all do the same thing? Or am I now just the Wirral asking about underwear?
|

replied July 26th, 2011
Weirdo not weiral sorry iPod spell check is stupid
|
Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....