Ok, so i've been hearing a lot of questions lately (not just here either) on the topic of "can I get my period while pregnant." well, the answer to that question is: yes, you can get your period while pregnant. The reason that it's possible is because, although you have a fertilized egg implanted into your uterine wall, your body is not secreting enough of the pregnancy hormone to completely stop the bleeding. Just beacuse you have a period doesn't mean that you're not pregnant. The thing is, most hpt's won't come out positive because, once again, there isn't enough of the pregnancy hormone in your system. This usually means that there is little to no change in your body either (ie: pregnancy symptoms).

Anywho, my thought on the whole thing is: is the reason some girls get their periods during pregnancy while other don't beacuse of their body/hormones, or some mutated gene in the male's sperm? Or maybe it's a combination of both? I wonder...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Thank you for posting that is was vert helpful to me bcuz someone was saying you couldnt..And others said you did. I got really confussed!! Confused
Thanks once again jade. Smile
|

replied October 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hehe good thoughts sam!

-kristin
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Goodjob sam! I bet that would be helpful to so many girls 'cuz I see all these posts all over the place asking if their pregnant while on their period. Smile
|

replied October 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Hehe... I just got tired of the "yes you can," "no you can't" argument... So I decided that it was time to clear it up!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...