Ok girls I need some help, here is how it goes got my period on fri the 15 and had sex on last friday. Then I missed sun mon and tuesday pills and took them all at like 11pm on tuesday. Then today I had a little bit of light bleeding. Is this because of my pills or implantation bleeding.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Prob because of your pills

<3
gaby
|

Experienced User
I'd love to help you, but i've never been on birth control so I dont really know anything about it Embarassed ....But I think implantation bleeding occurs around 2 weeks after conception? Dont quote me on that one.. My memory may be failing me! Lol.. Sorry im not much help:(
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well, you shouldn't be having a period again. So, it could be from missing your pills but also implantation bleeding.

Implantation bleeding

what does implantation bleeding look like?
Implantation bleeding is vaginal discharge which usually contains a small amount of pinkish or brownish blood. Only about a third of pregnant women experience implantation bleeding.

When does implantation bleeding usually occur?
It can happen at the time the fertilized egg implants in the uterus, on average between 6 to 12 days past ovulation.
Should I worry about implantation bleeding occurring?
Unless accompanied by cramping, backache or increased bleeding, a small amount of blood being discharged should be considered as implantation bleeding which is nothing to be concerned about.
If this is implantation bleeding, when can I test to see if I am pregnant?
Home pregnancy tests are based on a very simple principle. They work by through the detection of the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hcg) in a woman's urine. This hormone is a hormone secreted by the developing placenta shortly after a fertilized egg has been implanted in the uterine lining.
If a woman is pregnant, the amount of human chorionic gonadotropin (hcg) in her system should be around 25 miu at 10 dpo (days past ovulation), 50 miu at 12 dpo, 100 miu at around two weeks dpo. Because of their high sensitivity factor ( 20 miu/ml hcg ) in detecting human hcg, both the aimstick pregnancy tests can confirm pregnancy as early as 6-8 days past ovulation. To help lower the chances of a false negative, the best time to test at 9 or 10 days past ovulation would be advisable.

-kristin
|

Extremely eHealthy
I had implantation bleeding with shayela bout the same amount of time after my period as this is but I dont think it is that
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lol there she goes again Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ive missed pills before and never had any bleeding, what kind of pills are you on amanda?

-kristin
|

Extremely eHealthy
Uhh
I hate birthcontrol pills the y mess ya up even more but I guess ya gotta b safe
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Im kinda afraid to take birthcontrol cuz it might mess me up ;\
|

replied October 28th, 2004
Experienced User
Hun, I don't think the blood is from missing the pills, I think it's from taking three of them at once!! You're not supposed to do that! It says in the instructions, when you miss a pill, take it as soon as you remember, unless it's almost time for the next pill, in which case skip it. There is also a warning on bcp that says taking too many at once can cause bleeding (and if you take the whole pack at the same time you could hemorrage). You really shouldn't take more than one at a time from now on.

I really don't think it's implantation bleeding.

Daile
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...