Lately.. Like especially in school, my arm or legs will get all numb for a few mintues, and sometimes i'll get really dizzy and like have that little "seeing stars" moment....Then after a few it'll go away.

I had gym last period today, and I was running.. And it wasnt even that much, but I got the numb sensation and dizziness and had to stop.. I've never had this happen before..Like not been outta shape.

Haha sorry, so anyways.. My question is, do u guys think that this has anything to do with being pregnant, or is it somethin else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Dont over work yourself hunni seriously I know th seeing stars think when I would over work myself or take too hott of showers or like gag over soemthing I see like ll stars
|

Experienced User
Lol yea... Im sorry I get nervous about things... Im silly! Maybe its just stress or somthing, school work and stuff?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I would ask your doctor. Smile is it in your hands at all?

-kristin
|

Experienced User
Yeah sometimes like the bottom of my arm will go numb and my whole hand... I kinda thought I remember this happening to my mom when I lived with her, and she had like anxiety attacks.. So I dno, I dont think thats what it is tho..
|

Extremely eHealthy
Its probably just because of the hormone changes. How far along are you?
-kristin
|

Experienced User
10w5d
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
..Morning sickness?
|

Extremely eHealthy
There are times when I get up from laying down or sitting down, where everything will fade out a little and almost go black but then after a few seconds, it's normal again.. Is that what you're talking about?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Ok I looked it up for you! This may be a little confusing but i'll do my best to explain it. This numbness and lightheadedness is most likely happening because of a few things. First off, when your pregnant your blood volume increases anywhere from 30-50% to provide for adequate exchange of blood and nutrients to the placenta. Because of all that extra fluid and blood in your body that makes your heart have to work harder to circulate the blood. (it increases cardiac output.) this increase may also cause your blood pressure to drop some and that would be the reason you are getting lightheaded or "seeing stars". To try and prevent that from happening there are a few things you can do...Try not to do "quick movements" because that increases your heart rate, and also when you start to get up from laying down or stand up from sitting then go slow! Allow your body time to circulate your blood...Basically dont just jump up from laying down! This is what brandy (bd) was talking about....Normally its called orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure when you change positions). In pregnancy it can be called supine hypotension because when you lay flat on your back the baby presses on your main artery (the vena cava). And that prevents blood from flowing well! Ok so about the numbness....I found that sometimes later in pregnancy blood flow can be "impaired" to the extremities and that may cause some numbness. But I think its a little early for that!

Ok...I'm sorry that was so long! I hope I didnt confuse you! Maybe that helped a little! But like always...If you are concerned then talk to your doctor! Let me know if I can help you out anymore!
|

Experienced User
I read that its pretty common to feel dizzy and light headed during pregnancy due to hormone changes. As far as going numb it may have something to do with circulation of the blood and the change in blood volumn. You may want to ask your doc. About it anyways just to make sure its nothing serious.
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Lauren lauren lauren, where would we all be without you Wink she's our own personal nurse (;
|

Hahaha...Thats what i'm here for! I might not make sense...But I can try!
|

Experienced User
Thank you lauren! No, it wasn't confusing, I understand now.. It makes sense, Smile... You guys are my saviors, you know everything!
|

Are you pregnant? *sorry but I dont remember if you were or not* but if youre far along could it be bell's palsy? Its a temp condition pregnant women get, baby preses on nerves?

Meg
|

replied October 29th, 2004
Experienced User
Yes I am pregnant. 10weeks 5days.. Hmm i've never heard of that..
|

replied October 29th, 2004
Experienced User
Definitely in the blood volume because this happened to me between 10-15 weeks, its just from being pregnant. When I would wake up in the morning my blood pressure would be lower than normal and I would start to see stars and get really dizzy and I would have to sit down. I would advise your gym teacher that you are pregnant if you havent already because you wont be able to participate in some of the activities.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...