I had an abortion when I was 15 and I was 4 1/2 months pregnant can I get pregnant again in the future?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2004
Experienced User
Yes, a single abortion does not normally reduce changes of carrying a baby to term, though I have read that multiple abortions can cause scarring and cervical damage that will make it harder to carry a baby to term.

Check with your doctor, they can do an internal exam if necessary, and should be able to put your worries to rest.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah sometimes those doctors aren't professional and they mess up, and cut a tissue accidently, so you can get pregnant but it can lead to something bad.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh sorry, I dont mean to scare you!
|

Experienced User
Yes you can get pregnant again but the risk of having a miscarraige increases with a previous abortion. My own sister, I am ashamed to say this but she had 4 abortions after her first child so yea its very possible to conceive again.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I Kno I Had One
After I had the abortion every thing went fine and I had no side affects from it but I guess the more abortion u have the less chances is to concive I kno I will never get one again ever too much depression after the one I had but when I am reday 2 have a lil 1 I hope I will be ok
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You'll be ok amanda Wink
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Just be careful next time!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Aww
Thanks nippz and ceecee u will be fine to dont worrie it will just make it worse
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yes you can i'll tell you something to comfort you if you wanna im me darlinjessa

other than that I read the only thing that really messes up your chances are multiple second trimester abortions...
|

replied October 28th, 2004
Whew....
I was scared 4 a moment thanks 4 all the support. Nippz, jess, babyluv all ya'll.
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Anytime anytime (;
|

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
How old r u now?
|

replied November 1st, 2004
I Am....
I am 20 yrs old now. I am so sorry I don't write much, but i'm @ work right now I work at a daycare so it gets pretty hectic around here.
|

replied November 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Good luck ceecee, are you tryin to get pregnant now?
|

replied November 3rd, 2004
Responding 2 Baby...
The answer 2 ya question is sort of but now no! Me and my boyfriend broke up so I am not trying.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....