Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

How Can Wechart When Its Least Likley to Get My Gf Pregnent?

I know this is kinda hte oposite of what this forum is about, but maybe uguys can help, I know the girl is fertile, and has the best chance of getting pregnent on a certin period of time, how can we find out when the least likely time to get her pregnent is? And how long after he last period, would it be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2004
Experienced User
Using charting methods to prevent pregnancy is not a very reliable method of birth control and you two will have to be very, very vigilant to chart properly. Ovulation can occur at any time, and a woman is fertile 5 days before and up to 3 days after ovulation. To chart do more research, she'll have to take her temperature daily, at the same time, after at least 3 hours of sleep, if she's feeling under the weather or forgets to take her temperature that will throw everything off. To be really accurate she should check cervical mucus and possible cervical positioning.

And even with all this to prevent pregnancy you should wait until 3 days after ovulation in any cycle before you can be considered "safe" which means there may only be a week or so that is "safe" during the month.

If you truly don't want to get pregnant, use a more reliable method such as condom, birth control pills...Or both together.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I agree, get on birth control...If you need some tips on finding a place to get it near you just ask and/or pm me.

-kristin
|

Hey, thats cool. I was just wonderin because we've had a condom break on us a few times, and since we dont have sex that often, as its not easy tog et the time, its not worth it for her to go on birthcontrol. So we were just wonderin when the bset time to do it, using a condom, to make the risk even lower.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....