Tonite my boyfriend confessed to me that he has fear of commitment, he said everything would be goign great then all of sudden he wont' want it anymore..He thinks alot of it has to do with his bro cause his bro was with someone for seven year and then bro ke up and then got married and hates his wife and is just with her cause of the kids and he's afraid that will happen to him, we have long distance thing so its hard already im not sure what to do, cause I love him so much I dont want to break up with him, but then I don't also want to just be investing my time and feelings to be dumped in the end, he's said hes' felt a few mixed emotions where when I was here he wised I wasnt' but once I was gone he'd miss me, so I dont know anymore, I love him and dont want to lose him, but I dont know how to make him feel better about this, he's had so many messed up relationships in the past its like messed up his mind..Please help!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 28th, 2004
Experienced User
I have the same problem with my boyfriend. Just be yourself, and let him know that you love him, and under no condition would you do anything to hurt him. Most guys who have a fear of commitment have it because they've been hurt, or, like your guy, have seen someone get hurt. Let him know that you won't ever hurt him, and that you are willing to take your time with the relationship. Don't push him to do anything he doesn't want to do, and eventually he'll realize that you're right. I know my boyfriend is starting to figure it out!

Daile
|

replied October 28th, 2004
Hey thanks, we have talked it out a bit, we haven't exactly come to conclusion the most he said was if he starts to feel that way maybe we could distance away from eachother for awhile, like break but not break up, he knows i've been bothered by this but he told me by worrying its goign to make things worse which he's right because I worry to much, he told me he loves me and wants to be with me and will work try to work it out if it comes down to that, that should mean something eh? The fact he wants to work it out shows he wants to be with me...
|

replied November 20th, 2006
Lame excuses !! He is not ready for commenments he only wants sex with you, thats all.If he cannot make up his mind drop the bun and find someone else who can treat you good...
|