Confused I have noises coming from my abdomen, kind of like swallowing or gurgling. I really noticed it in the past 3 weeks or so. About every 5 minutes around the clock. I have a doctor appointment in a couple of days but i'm wondering if anyone has had this. No pain or abnormal bowel function. Colon cancer runs in the family and I am just getting checked for the first time so that worries me. I'm 52 and have no other symptoms that I can see.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Megs123
|

replied December 1st, 2004
Same Problem, Noisy Belly
When im in school usually around first and second period my belly starts making these really loud noises. I wanna know what I can do about it cause it's really embarassing! When my teacher is lecturing ill make up an excuse to go to my locker or something cause I dont weant people to laugh at me!! Someone please help!! Embarassed Sad Question Question Question Question Mad Crying or Very sad
|

replied May 20th, 2011
No more noisy stomach
Yes, I had the same problem after gastric bypass almost six years ago. My doctors were powerless to help so I started trying whatever OTC med I could find. I had limited success with gas ex ultra but the problem persisted. Then I read about a product called digestrol and I am amazed, no more noisy embarrassing noises.After taking the tabllets for about two days I am no longer afraid to eat or even eat before bedtime.I am telling you I have already reordered three bottles and my life is so much better now. Just google digestrol and try the product.Hopefully it will work as well for you as it is for me.
|

replied October 4th, 2011
i have the same problem also but i am writing now what i am eating and i become a doctor for my self which food will cause this kind of noisy actually it ia bacterias that are living in our body from different kind of foods
|

replied December 19th, 2004
Re: Same Problem, Noisy Belly
shaniebanie wrote:
when im in school usually around first and second period my belly starts making these really loud noises. I wanna know what I can do about it cause it's really embarassing! When my teacher is lecturing ill make up an excuse to go to my locker or something cause I dont weant people to laugh at me!! Someone please help!! Embarassed Sad Question Question Question Question Mad Crying or Very sad

omg..Me too! Around 4th-8th period my stomach or "abdomen" starts making really loud noises I though it was cause I was hungry and have a quick metabolism but I don't know..I don't feel hungry and I eat a good amount too.But it kinda hurts too especially when i'm running (it didn't used to do this, it just started a couple weeks ago). I'll go to track practice and my stomach by that time is making really loud noises, i'll start sprinting and it'll hurt a whole lot! By the end of practice i'll be leaning over the fence pukeing.Last practice I puked 8 times I felt like dying. And it is really loud too.When I pull my stomach in or push on it it make this gurgling noise, when I push it out it sounds like its growling, or roaring really. Whats wrong with me!? Sad
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Pretty much everyone has the gurgling and growling in their stomach, a lot of times it is just bowel sounds.
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied January 1st, 2005
Not Normal
If these users are experiencing something similar to me
i know for sure that the abdominal noises are not normal.
My stomach produces noises that are loud enough to
be heard in through closed doors. It will usually gurgle
for a period of 20 or 30 minutes before calming down
for a few hours and then repeating. This started about
a year and a half ago and I am no where nearer to a
solution but I do know that intestinal noises that can
interupt a lecturing teacher are not normal, and I believe
these members may be experiencing something similar.
|

replied January 5th, 2005
Noisy Stomach
Hey. I started that problem in my early teens. What a problem and I know what you are all talking about. I have finally found charcoal tablets sold at any drugstore. So long as you don't overdo them because they will suck up your vitamins, they are safe to use. Usually it takes 15 to 30 min. To quiet a noisy stomach with these. Charcoal absorbs any trapped gas. Also. Be sure to eat protein like turkey or cheese and stop eating all sugars. This ferments in the stomach because you have an allergy and this is what's causing these troubles. Stop chewing gum and no more carbonated drinks. The bubbles aren't good for you.
|

replied January 26th, 2005
Stomach Growling
My stomach growls really loud around 10 & 11 am.I;m not so hungry
but it makes a loud noise.Especilly after I eat.I have acid reflux.
Could this be causing it?Or could it just be nerves?I get alot
of gas also & have to fart.What could this be?I'm scared.
I'm 39 & my father died of colon cancer at 48.
Is this serious?The noise is offly ambarressing.
Please somebody help.
|

replied February 2nd, 2005
Growling
Man, I know exactly what you are talking about. Everyday during second period, sometimes fourth, my stomach starts growling loud most of the time. In fact, earlier today I kept going out to my locker so people wont be looking at me all wierd. At first I though it was only me. At least now I know im not alone.
|

replied March 11th, 2005
Everyone gets these noises, usually they are quiet and barely noticeable, but once in a while, a loud sound will come, I guess just from digesting the food. I find that when I get nervous, I hold my stomach tighter than usual and that can make these noises worse and louder. Could it be that you're just holding in your stomach too tightly?
|

replied March 11th, 2005
Everyone gets these noises, usually they are quiet and barely noticeable, but once in a while, a loud sound will come, I guess just from digesting the food. I find that when I get nervous, I hold my stomach tighter than usual and that can make these noises worse and louder. Could it be that you're just holding in your stomach too tightly?
|

replied April 27th, 2005
Borborygmi (stomach Noises)
I've been dealing with these noises for about 7 years now. I've tried just about everything that's been recommended. Charcoal, nux vomica, caltrate tablets, high-protein diet, high-fiber diet...You name it. Nothing seems to work. I've been to the gastroentrologist several times, he recommended some of the things above. Eventually he told me that there is no "cure" for this, and that I should just try to work around this problem. As you all might realize, sometimes there is no "working around" these noises. They overtake you and create such an uncomfortable situation that you want out of so badly. These noises have effected my work, relationships and overall happiness (or lack there of). If anyone has an info please let me know, i'll pass along anything I find useful. There is one thing that has been helpful for partial suppression of the noises, "citrucel" drink mix. Sometimes i'll have a glass in the a.M. And it kind of helps but it's still no "cure". Keep me posted!
|

replied July 6th, 2005
Experienced User
Im really sick of my stomach noises too, if im in class its really loud and embarressing and people look at me or ask if im hungry and most of the time im not hungry.
I was in a class last week and I was standing next to the teacher while he was looking through my work and my stomach made the loudest longest roar ever and he looked at me because he was sitting down so it was right in his ear, so out of embarressment I just rubbed my tummy and laughed and said, "im hungry" the whole class heard it and im sure my face was so red
|

replied August 10th, 2005
Yeah, it's embarrassing. My stomach growls during lecture, and in lecture the environment makes it easy for other ppl to hear the growls. How do you stop it? My friend says drink water. I'm not sure if that works, but I tighten my tummy muscles to prevent it from coming out or letting loose suddenly. So throughout lecture I have a hard time paying attention, cos i'm trying my best to prevent the growls.

I know it's cos of my bowels or something. I mean, I feel the need to fart to let out the gas if not it all gets stuck inside. But sometimes i've just passed motion and the growls still come. Somebody help...........
|

replied August 14th, 2005
Hello everyone,
from what I read and research on the net here, I think that it is due to a poor digestion. Also, acid reflux" nonsense can be treated with a couple liver flushes. When the liver is congested it causes that kind
of "backflow" because it simply can't handle more food coming thru the main liver veins and all food does. So it tells the body stop and things backflow. So comprehensive liver management is the answer. Take the stomach acid test, because is probably problem with low stomach acids and not high. If the attacks are happening with food, or right after a meal, the attack is due to low stomach acids allowing foods to just sit there and irritate the stomach lining. This is what most commonly happens to people with adult-onset diabetes - years of low stomach acids causes a weakened pancreas.
If the attacks are happening when your hungry, empty stomach, like 4 hours after a meal, then she does have high stomach acids and the best thing for that is a bit of baking soda in warm water.

How are your bowel movements? It could be also gut microbe imbalance, meaning that friendly bacteria is in jeopardize. It can be due to candida or other problems. I would suggest a proper bowel management, with p&b shakes, and supplements of acidophilus. Make sure you are drinking a lot of water also.
That's what I can think of now, if anything more poops in, i'll let you guys know.

All the best,

thea
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
My Stomach
Ive only started to get this for the past couple of weeks, but whenever im sitting in class or in assembly and its really quiet and there are lots of people around, I sometimes feel uncomfortable and sort of paranoid, or il start to feel realy nervous and I get the feeling that I need to pass wind, and my stomach will make really loud grumbling noises. Its so so embarassing people have started to look at me weirdly if they hear it because it can get realy loud. Im starting to worry about it all the time, and im worried because I have important exams soon and id hate to have to sit in a large hall with about 200 other students wen its completely silent, and have my stomach rumble loudly into the silence. Please can somebody help or suggest something!
Rach x
|

replied November 26th, 2005
I Mite Have a Solution :)
Hi im pammy. I noticed about 4 months ago my stomach kept grumbling really loudly and it was sooooo embarassing! I actually left during one of my final exams coz I was so embarrassed ( I got a c :( ) anyways I went to my doctor and she gave me something called buscopan wich is for muscles spasms and I have to say they do work! I mean sometimes there is the odd grumble but I managed to sit in silence for over 3 hours which I wud never had been able to do before!!
Plz give them a try as I do know how embarassing it is!
I dont know if they are given the same name in america or canada(i live in scotland ) but you can always find out

plz let me if these work
lol pammy
x
|

replied November 27th, 2005
Wind?
Thank u I will try it. But I think its somethin to do with wind, it jus sounds like my stomachs farting! Its awful. I hav a week and a half of exams in january, im so worried bout my stomach. But sometimes its not from my stomach n feels like its coming from my bum?! But I dnt think im actualy farting, or it wil feel like its coming from my lower back I realy dnt kno I can feel noises coming from all over my stomach and abdomen. It realy feels like wind tho. I hav been taking pepto bismal, bright pink medicine that can be taken for all sorts of things including wind, and it helps a bit but noises stil come every now and then. If ur desperate u may want to try it.
Rach x
|

replied November 27th, 2005
Noisy Stomach
I was actually thinking of taking pepto bismol so I shall give it a try!
Yeah I know how you feel. It does sound like farting from your lower back sometimes and it can be sooooo loud. But serioulsly buscopan did help and I actually manged to go to my exams without worrying or running out the exam hall crying of embarrassment!
Lol
pammy
x
|

replied December 4th, 2005
I dnt think that wil work for me. On fri I was in a lesson n jus felt so anxious bout it. And I think I was actualy passing wind but I cudnt control it at all, cos u kno sometimes u can hold it in. But I realy cudnt I wudnt mind as much if it was jus my stomach making funy noises, bt it actualy feels like im farting too lol n I cant do anythin bout it. I say lol but it realy isnt funy at all wen ur in that situation. Its probably mostly psychological cos its only started to hapen wen I think bout it or worry bout it, or wen I feel anxious, so mayb il grow out of it. But if anyone knows of anything that can get rid of wind that wud be great!
Do u mind if I ask how old u are pammy n how long uve had it, and wat situations it happens in?
X
|

replied December 5th, 2005
Wow, I thought I was the only one! I just discovered this forum searching on google about my noisy stomach.

All of the symptoms you guys/gals sound almost exactly like mine. I have 2 type of stomach noises...

1st noise feels like it's at the top of my stomach and it's more of a gurgling/bubbling growl. I normally get this noise all the time, but it's not too loud and doesn't hurt too much.

2nd noise seems like it's an intestinal noise. I can really feel it in my lower back and butt. This noise is usually louder than than the 1st noise I described. Also, I normally feel a really sharp, almost unbearable, cramp type of pain on/in the left side of my stomach or intestine during the episode of noises.

I think this is a mostly psycological problem for me because it doesn't normally happen when i'm alone, around people I feel comfortable with, or in noisy areas. I feel so comfortable when i'm in a room with a noisy heater/air conditioner roaring in the background!

Like other people here, i'm really emabarrased by these sounds. I avoid, or try to avoid, almost all pontentially quiet settings - college, church, movie theaters, etc - the list really does go on. I've been broken up with by past girfriends because they think, I don't care about them, because I won't go and do things, etc. It really does suck.

I've gone to my family doctor and he prescribed me xanax, for stress hoping that would help, and librax for the stomach. Sadly, the xanax works sometimes, but usually just makes me a zombie, which is almost as bad as the sounds themselves. The librax really doesn't work for me, or at least I haven't noticed it changing anything.

I guess i'll go ahead and end this post. I just want to say that i'm really happy I found this forum and hopefully this will help me. If anyone needs to talk, feel free to email me- maybe we can help each other.

|
Users who thank Brett92 for this post: worried151 
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...