I am 25 years old in fairly good health never had any serious problems in my life. But periodically I experience these extremely sharp pains in my chest when I try to breath. The only way to make the pain go away is to breath really shallow. It usually goes away after about 10 or 20 min but the pain has not stopped for 2 days now. I cant take a deep breath or it sends a sharp stabbing pain through my chest and I feels like it is in my lungs
any questions or advice would be nice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 16th, 2003
Chest Pains
Hey,
i'm 16, and having the same problem too. I have been since 6th grade. My mom has told me its growing pains or from stress, but I don't think so. If you've found something out will you tell me too! Thank you.
|

replied December 16th, 2003
Experienced User
It could be several things. You could have your back or a rib out of place. You could have acid reflux disease. Or you could be having anxiety attacks. I think everyone gets those occasional sharp pains when you breath. The occasional ones will usually go away if you change your position until you get comfortable and it goes away. But, I would suggest going to the doctor anyway to rule out serious problems.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....