Ok, girls....Here's a question for you....How many of you know someone who has gotten pregnant "after" having their tubes tied? I'm two weeks late for af and well I have all the symptoms. I've taken many hpt's in the past two weeks and all have shown a faint positive. I need some help trying to understand what is going on with me. Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 23rd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I've always heard any change means that you are pregnant.See your doc to be sure.Tubal ligation is not always 100%-sometimes there are accidental pregnancies.Sorry!Patty
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Tubal Ligation & Pregnancy
sunfaith wrote:
ok, girls....Here's a question for you....How many of you know someone who has gotten pregnant "after" having their tubes tied? I'm two weeks late for af and well I have all the symptoms. I've taken many hpt's in the past two weeks and all have shown a faint positive. I need some help trying to understand what is going on with me. Smile

what part of ky are you from I am also from ky
|

Kentucky
I'm from madisonville, ky.........Western side........1hr. East of paducah, 30 min. North of hopkinsville.
|

Patty
Thanks for the advice.....I've been researching this since the first day I skipped my af.........For the past few months i've been feeling pretty weird, almost like my body is going through some kind of change. Right now my bbs are extremely sore, cm is white and creamy, bbt is staying right around 99, and cp is high, soft, and moist.

Here is my story.....
I had a really bad period from june 28-july3 passing clots (sorry tmi), I stopped and on july 15th I started spotting and didn't quit until mid aug. Saw the doc. He put me on birth control and told me that my uterus was enlarged for some unknown reason. I completed one pack and had a normal period on sept. 11-16.....I'm now 11 day's late.....

I have found through my research that there are quite a few women out there that have conceived while their tubes are tied. I'm just waiting to find out if i'm going to be another statistic. Laughing
|

replied October 24th, 2004
Experienced User
What are your hpt levels at?
|

Experienced User
Even though tubal ligation is considered permanent, there is a slight possibility that a woman who has had a tubal ligation could get pregnant. If a woman who has had a tubal ligation does get pregnant, the chances are very high that the pregnancy could be in the tubes, or a tubal pregnancy.
What is the percentage chance of becoming pregnant if you have had a tubal ligation?
The failure rate for tubal ligation is about 1.4 percent overall. So, while the chances of getting pregnant are very low, they aren't zero percent. Women who have had a tubal ligation and subsequently get pregnant are at increased risk for an ectopic pregnancy.
|

Dancinchick
Well, when the doc. Placed me on birth control he ran all sorts of test to include a complete blood count and prolactin. At this time my breast were leaky. All the test came back fine. He just told me that sometimes it's it's normal. I had a blood pregnancy test performed about 4 days after I missed my af. It was only a qualitive test and it showed negative. So, I don't know what the level was. It has now been 12 days since af was due and still no signs of anything. I have been a little crampy off and on with low back aches. My bbs continue to be sore. The funny part is, is that I never had pms symptoms, it would always sneak up on me.

Through all of this, I have to wonder if back in july with all the trouble I was having with spotting if I might have had a miscarriage. The cycle I had prior to all the spotting was pretty bad, worse than i've ever had. My doc. At the time was the very doc. That performed my tubal and was not interested in finding out if I had been pregnant.

So, here I am one more day through this. Even my dh thinks I am, I will keep everyone posted on the happenings. I have an appt. With a different doc. On friday. Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this before but I have some pitting edema going on in both of my legs from the knee...Down. I know in all my other pregnancies, this didn't happen until later down the line. I had problems with my blood pressure. So for now, i'm just waiting and taking notes on the new changes.
Hope to hear from you soon.
-sundie
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
Tubilized and mesmerized
So glad to know I'm not the only one with symptoms from time to time.... lately i've been fine but in the past i have had two periods in one month, clots, extremely heavy periods and nausea, vomiting and extreme fatigue... Maybe it's natures way of reminding us we are females and we are suppose to have these reproductive reminders...Smile
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
Forgot the faint line after it stated no
|

replied October 20th, 2009
i had a tubal ligation 3 years ago and i have been in my current relationship for a year and a half now and for the last two months i have had some symptoms of pregnancy,but in the back of my mind i know ive had a tubal and so im not sure yet. but a month ago i had two periods and they were short, and my breasts were really sore and tender, an dthen this month i started my period on a sunday morning and it was really haeavy,then that afternoon it started to become really light and then monday morning it went away, and my breast dont hurt as bad just to the touch mostly. i have been getting sick every couple days and feel nauseated. im always hungry and for some reason craving big macs lol which i have not done before this. and my back has been achy and now my tummy is a little rounder (swollen) i dont know if iam with basby or not half of me thinks maybe and the other half thinks no i can't be? what do you girls think?
i haven't taken any hpts yet or the doctors im waiting to see if this continues,
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....