Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Iron Defficiency During Third Trimester

Hi,

my wife is 37 week preg. As per the mid wife she should take iorn rich food.
Is it ok to give her an ion syrup without the gyno's prescription.

I've heard iorn intake should be controlled during the first trimester. Is it applicable for this stage as well

pls help

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Repost this just for like kia or linux (erin) to answer they should know... And i'm not there yet sorry...
|

Experienced User
Has your wife been told that she's having anemia in this stage or just to make sure she's eating foods with iron? If she's experiencing an onset of anemia, as a lot of women do in this stage, your Dr. Or midwife should prescribe some vitamins with extra iron. Other than that, I really wouldn't take something without a prescription.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Or or or miss farah knows her stuff too Smile
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...