Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Awwwwwww! *updated.. Pic of Cat** (Page 1)

For the last hour, tim and I kept hearing a meowing noise comin from somwheres and I opened our apartment door and theres this beautiful siamese kitten sittin outside it. She was starvin and thirsty so we took her in! Shes beautiful!!!! I wanna keep her but im worried bout her round baby! Should I keep her???? Should I wait to call the pound or try and find her a place to live??

Shauna

Last edited by babyrae on October 20th, 2004 10:59 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I guess I don't see anything wrong with keeping her just as long as she doesnt harm danica! Thats so sweet that you found her aww!! Are you going to name her?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Aw! I dunno though cats are a *lot* of work, and not very much reward!! Just think about the littler box! We have a cat and he is soooo hard to keep clean!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thats true erin. Make sure you have money in your budget for litter and food! I have a cat, and now that she is older she is becoming more and more unlitter trained! Not good at all...But since its still a baby kitty it might be fun!! I always loved lil baby kitties, just remember they grow up.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Awwwwwwwwwwww. I love cats!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yes we do have enough of a budget to keep a cat... Im just worried cuz how the saying is "cats will suck the breath out of a baby" and danica comes first... But this cat seems so nice and just loves laying on tim and curling near my feet. Im worried bout her, I think someone threw her out. Maybe we'll let her stay tonight and just close baby's bedroom door and try to find someone who can take her.

Shauna
|

Erin, I hope you don't clean the litter box.

Brenda
|

Extremely eHealthy
I say keep the cat!! Its soo cute.... I thought tim was kicking you out..?? Did I miss something??
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Brenda - nope! Its mike's cat! Even if I wasn't pregnant, he's the only reason we're keeping it!

Shauna - the only reason they say that is because cats like to curl up by the baby to keep warm. They don't really suck the breath, just if they curl up near the baby's face, they could suffocate it. So if you decide to keep it, you'll have to make doubly sure it can't ever get up in her crib while she's sleeping.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
If you keep it make sure you take it to the vet to make sure it has all its shots and that it doesn't have worms. My parents had a cat when I was a baby and they never had a problem with it.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I don't have a litter box, my cat goes outside to go to the bathroom. He rocks though. He plays fetch (you throw a little ball or wad of paper and he'll get it in his mouth and bring it back to you) and he constantly stays curled up in a ball in my lap. He's the most friendly cat in the world, he loves everyone. You can pet him everywhere and he loves it, even on his stomach. Some cats are such biĀ†ches though...
|

Extremely eHealthy
Wait...I'm a little confused. I thought tim kicked you out of the apartment? Did I miss something?

(very cute cat by the way!!!)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If you want ~ keep her, make sure she gets all her shots etcetc and be careful when she's around the baby! She might catch asthma.
|

replied October 21st, 2004
I begged mitch for a cat......He said no.....I said, when we get a house can we have a big dog......No.......Little one..........We are such opposites, lol. Ya'll would laugh. We don't agree on anything.....But it keeps us interesting. : d
|

I couldn't live without pets! I have two cats and one dog. They are my furry children and always will be. When we have a baby only one of my cats i'll be worried about because he loves babies. He'll sleep on my nephews bed and blankets and he thinks if there's baby stuff it must be for him. He's my baby and I got him as a stray kittent too. He was coming to our apartment door everyday so finally I got him food and he ate like a freakin cow. He was ribs and skin that's it! Now he's a hambone!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yah this cat is so cute and its so sweet but its in heat too right now lol!
Yah tim did but when I talked to my mom, she said my nameis on the lease so he cant kick me out so I came back and I told him im stayin whether he likes it or not and then I said if I leave, ill ding him for so much child support and since weve been living commonlaw for awhile now, id get allimony payments.... So we're trying to work things out now... They're gettin a lil better but I still havent forgiven him for "kicking me out". That was hrash.

Shauna
|

Ok, I have wanted a siamese cat for the longest time, and here one just comes up to your door and stays. Sad i'm totally jealous!!!! Hehe I say keep the cutie! Chances of her harming your daughter are pretty slim. Give her a chance. Just remember, people don't choose cats, rather the cats choose their people. If a can has chosen you, then thats a good sign that s/he will make a great pet for you. Trust me! I'm a little cat freak!! Smile

stacey
|

Extremely eHealthy
Aww I say keep her

<3
gaby
|

Extremely eHealthy
Quote:
just remember, people don't choose cats, rather the cats choose their people. If a can has chosen you, then thats a good sign that s/he will make a great pet for you. Trust me! I'm a little cat freak!!

that's what happened with our first cat...... She just came to the house one day and never left lol.. She stays outside all day because she loves being outside.. That's also what happened with our second dog.. She just followed my bf home from school a few years ago (before I moved in with him) and they have had her ever since.. We also have another dog and another cat who we picked out..The dog from the pound and the cat from my old house..(before I lived with bf, we had a whole bunch of cats and we were trying to catch a few to find them a home).. We also have a bird.. Sometime the cat likes to terrorize him.. Laughing
|

Especially eHealthy
Awe! It's a cute cat!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...