Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

1st Time Pregnant, Need Advise!

Hi there,

this is my first pregnancy (8 weeks). I am feeling anxious & happy too.
Here are some of my concerns :
1. Can anyone refer me for some info of 'do' & 'don't' during pregnancy?
2. When should I start go for check up? I didn't go for doctor since I am sure I am pregnant, I only take some acid folic.
3. This morning I was fall down from stairs (not very serious), only my leg is slightly injured. Should I go for doc for check up ? Sad
4. Is 5 months pregnancy will have obvious physical change on body? Can someone notice if I was pregnant 5 months?

I am seriously seeking for some advise & help.
Thanks in advance. Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Re: 1st Time Pregnant, Need Advise!
Hey first off congrats!!! How old r u? And whats the whole thing with 5 months? I'm almost 5 and some days i'm showing and some i'm not but if your worried about not wanting to show you can pull it off with alittle chubbys and some girls dont show at all at 5 months Smile

i got my first doc check up at like 6 weeks you should really get in to see a doc (this is my first pregnancy too) and if your not yet start taking prenatal vitamins.... (yes yes yes I urge this! Smile ) you can get them from like a health store or even grocery store or from your doc but please do so...
Couple do's and dont's though i'm not pro stay off alot of sugar even like fructose sugar and sodas watch wha you eat your only suppose to gain about 10 lbs every 3 months.... But dont stress your weight. Start excercising now and stay in shape you'll appreciate it later. Choose one doc you love and stick with him/her Smile get enough sleep and try on your side with a pillow like in between your legs or something... (veer off sleeping on your tummy if you do) take care of yourself... Hey what I did was sign up on Baby Center for a weekly report its great and they send you like no junk mail just an occasional coupon or trip and each week they send you like a "hey congrats your 9 weeks now" and like tell you what your babys up to at this point and what changes you should or shouldnt be expeirencing and like tips and what to do. Its a great site!

I'm not sure about the stair thing... Did you hurt ur tummy at all? If it helps at all I am like the worlds biggest clutz hahah well not the worlds but still and I have a happy healthy boy bouncing around in me. But when you go in for the doc remind them of it... You should be getting your first ultra sound soon too I got one at 8 or 10 weeks. Smile

hahah agian why the 5 month thing? You may not grow tooo big by then but you'll feel the changes yoru expeirencing.... Who all have you told... Is the daddy around?

Agian congrats and feel free to add anything on here...

goodluck and lemme know!

<3 jess
|

replied October 19th, 2004
Hi,

thanks for your reply!
Thanks a lot too for recommend the great site. Smile

uh yeah... 5 months, because my wedding dinner will be on that time, where I approximately got 4 months ++ or 5 months pregnant. I am worry about I won't look great that day, haha Wink
then I might need to shorten the time for preparation!

I am starting to gain weight now, although I don't have good appetite recently (nausea). Before this I am the slim type, but now some parts are obviously growing although I am just 2 months pregnant, this make me feel worry. My waistline & tummy expanding as well, I think I have to put my favorite jeans aside because I start feel tight already. I'm slim type body and yet I am growing. I am wondering how can the outside world won't see any sign of the dramatic developments taking place inside me till 5 months? Confused It's no good to wear tight pants & shirt? Question

is spotting or bleeding is common in early of pregnancy? Not every woman will go thru this, right?

Idea I should take your advice to see doctor soon. I heard & read about that most practitioners won't want to see you right away unless you have a serious medical condition or you're having problems?

What type of exercise should I do? I don't do yoga or swimm.
Fyi, I am a working lady, it's so tired for me after every working day from office. Sad

again .. Thanks for the reply.
I appreciate it. Laughing
|

Experienced User
Yea try to buy some bigger pants, I prefer kakhis to jeans although I did buy some bigger jeans but I mainly wear loose comfortable kakhi pants or you can buy some jogging pants. Congrats!!
|

Experienced User
What 2 Expect When Your Expecting
Theres a book called what to expect when your expecting. Its the best book ever. I mean it goes over everything! All the tests you take what they are for what you should be eating, your do's and dont's I mean this book is awesome!
|

Extremely eHealthy
You should make a Dr.'s appt asap and she/he can go over all this stuff with you. Good luck!

<3
gaby
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...