Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Can I Start Taking the Pill Today?!!!

I am taking ortho tri cyclen. I ended my period this past thursday and I am to start a new pack today. However, I missed the last three grey pills (active ones) in the pack and never took them. Can I start the pill today for a new cycle? Or do I have to wait until the next sunday that I have my period to start over again? Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 19th, 2004
Experienced User
Start taking them as if you never missed any. But do use a back up method until you know you aren't pregnant.
|

replied October 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Ita with cassey

<3
gaby
|

replied May 18th, 2012
i got the pill today (loestrin 20) but i started my period two days ago. can i go on it today or do i have to wait for my next period? x
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...