Ive been getting uti's for 2 years now and noone knows whats up. Been to dr, urologist and had more tests than I want to remember. My urologist seems to think that a low dose of antibiotics daily will help me but I dont think that it seems to be the answer. Ive been taking it but I still got a uti last week and was informed by my uro. To take 4 pills a day for 2 weeks and then go back to 2. Isnt that bad for me? Please if anyone has this problem let me know!!!
I need help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 11th, 2004
Irishred
Oh my, I feel your pain, I just posted the "bladder neck obstruction" above. I suffered for 10 years and was on antibiotics for years, self dose, when I didn't feel good, I would take more. Finally, after awhile, the antibiotics were not working and I never felt good. Here's my advice, I went on way too long suffering with this cause I was too lazy to find a good doctor who was going to help me. I finally found one who did a full workup - mri, urodynamic studies. Have you had that done? The urodynamic studies showed my bladder wall problem. Although, I have to tell you, my first doc did the same study except not as extensive and it showed nothing, the second one took xrays of the bladder while doing the test and found the problem.

Hope this helps and I hope the agony doesn't last too long...I feel your pain....
|

replied March 4th, 2004
Reply to Help
Sorry to hear that you have to go through what I went through for so many years. After 2 urologists, and four surgeries, I was diagnosed with intercystial cystitis. From what your describing, it sounds like tha same symptoms I had. Maybe you should go see another urologists and request that they do a biopsy to look for mast cells to check for ic. And also to see the inside of your bladder wall. Mine was very inflamed and there was an infection that he found in there that the antibiotics were not healing, so he had to burn that out. I hope this helps. If you need any more info I can give you the name of my uro if you like. Maybe you can call them or get a reference to someone near you. What I have there is no cure, and the pain is unbearable at times, I hope there is hope for you. Good luck Wink
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....