I was diagnosed last october with copd, since, then I have attempted several times to quit smoking with no success (with exception when I first came home from hospital, quit for 3 weeks, then of course "stress" happened and started smoking again)....However since that time I was also diagonosed with alpha-1. I am a 44 yr old woman, with other problems such as degenerative disk disease in 6 disks in my lower back, with a small protrusion in the l5-s1 area, causing saitica, restless leg syndrome, I am on several medications for the back pain, and am on spriva and foradil for the copd, and will be starting iv transfusions for the alpha-1 once my medical is approved. At this time I am on social security, for the copd. Does anyone have any information that would help me in regards to vitamins for the saitica? I looked it up on the computer and found "vitamins" that you can purchase from a company which are very highly priced, and being on a limited budget, was hoping to find actually a multi-vitamin that is more in my price range that would be beneficial for me? If you have any other suggestions about any of the other issues that I have, exercise, weight loss, stop smoking, anything at this point would really be appreciated. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 22nd, 2004
Cosmoslilangel
|

replied October 30th, 2004
I was diagnosed last october with copd, since, then I have attempted several times to quit smoking with no success (with exception when I first came home from hospital, quit for 3 weeks, then of course "stress" happened and started smoking again)....However since that time I was also diagnosed with alpha-1. I am a 44 yr old woman, with other problems such as degenerative disk disease in 6 disks in my lower back, with a small protrusion in the l5-s1 area, causing saitica, restless leg syndrome, I am on several medications for the back pain, and am on spriva and foradil for the copd, and will be starting iv transfusions for the alpha-1 once my medical is approved. At this time I am on social security, for the copd. Does anyone have any information that would help me in regards to vitamins for the saitica? I looked it up on the computer and found "vitamins" that you can purchase from a company which are very highly priced, and being on a limited budget, was hoping to find actually a multi-vitamin that is more in my price range that would be beneficial for me? If you have any other suggestions about any of the other issues that I have, exercise, weight loss, stop smoking, anything at this point would really be appreciated. Thank you

i posted that 10/17/04, as of date I have had one reply Crying or Very sad , I have met a great friend, and a companion in my campaign to help me through this, however, most of the questions that I have asked still haven't been adressed, is there anyone out there who can answer this without just "viewing it"?

I would be very appreciative of any help or response that I can get...

Thanks again
|

replied November 11th, 2004
Hi

hon, vitimins might help with general overall health, but there really aren't any that will cure sciatica that i'm aware of.

Sciatica is usually caused by an impinged nerve, and the fix for that is surgery or pt.

Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear Sad

i can relate to the copd. I was just diagnosed with emphysema. I already had chronic bronchitis and asthma.

The fun never stops.
|
Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....