Hi. My name is heather and I am 19 years old. My mom is 38 and has been diagnosed with lupus since she was 28. I just wanted to tell you all that I am very sorry that you have to go through this...It is a rough thing to cope with. My mom went from being a beautiful, young, and vibrant woman to looking way beyond her years...She is balding badly bc of the scabs on her scalp...Her skin is covered with "wolf bites"...From chest to back...Arms to neck...Face to legs...No inch was left untouched. She has both forms of lupus...The kind that attacks your skin and the kind that attacks your blood...I'm not really sure on the details of this disease...I just know what it has done to her...She recently had to have surgery on her throat bc it ruined her vocal cords and she sounded like an old man or woman..Depending on who you asked. I love my mom very much, and it pains me to see her when the disease hits her hard. About twice a year she will make her biannual stay to the local hospital...And we will have to wear our masks bc her white? Blood count is so low......Anyway...I just want to tell ya'll that i'm sorry you have to go through this or something like it...I am a constant on the pregnancy forum and just happened to see this, and wanted to put my two cents in. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 23rd, 2004
It Is Hard to Watch Someone You Love
It is hard to watch someone you love change before your eyes. I will be praying for you and your mother. Your mother is my age. I am watching my 16 year old go through this illness. It is hard.
|

replied November 10th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I am very sorry to hear about your daughter......My mum is currenlty in the hospital with another flare.....However I think she got out today.....I haven't been able to get a hold of her........Tell your daughter that I am praying for her, and that I wish her the best of luck.....I'm sure that she is a strong young woman, who will be able to fight this disease as it is fighting her.....Good luck with everything in both of your lives.
|

replied June 7th, 2005
I Feel Your Pain
:( I know what your going through my mom was diagnoised with sle and fibromigia and emphasiama she had a tough battle because her dr's wouldnt put her in the hosptal I watched her turn from a healthy looking woman of 38 to a sick looking 42 I was 16 when she told me she had lupus I was 23 when she lost her battle and it is hard but just hang on and put her first. I learned something from her if its hard for you to watch how hard do you think it is for her to live with it. Just take one day at a time and embrace all your time with her and tell her you love her everyday because I didnt tell my mom that and she passed during the night peacefully it's just hard I know I must be rambling well thanks for listening

8) brandie
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....