I have always been sensitive to cold in that if my ears get cold they hurt a lot and I lose all interest in what I am doing outside and I have to go back inside to warm up. This evening the temperature dropped into the low 60s and I was out jogging. After less than 10 minutes I was in so much pain my eyes were blurring and I was scared i'd pass out. The pain started in my ears and radiated to the back of my head and down into my throat. I have never in my life felt pain that bad. From talking with people as I was growing up, no one else seems to be bothered as much as I am when their ears get cold.

Does anyone know why I would be so sensitive? Is it something that can be prevented (other than with earmuffs and caps) or is it something that can be fixed? Can anyone else relate?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....