Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Am I Not Normal Here??? Ovulation Question??

Ok my husband and I are trying for our second baby and I have been using an ovulation predictor kit to ditermine my most firtile days. However if I use and ovulation calendar it shows that I should be ovulating 5 days earlier than what the tests show?? Has anyone else had this problem?? I get my lh surges about 9 days befor my period is due. Is this normal????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I would go by the test if I were you

<3
gaby
|

replied October 17th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Go by the test
|

replied November 5th, 2004
Not Long Enough
Hi, the time from ovulation to your period should be longer!
12 to 16 days is perfect, it it is shorter, you might have a luteral phase defect (like me). I am taking a progeterone creme for that. And vitamin b6.
I am using lh tests too and I think they are right. I can also feel it when I ovulate.
Good luck! Corinna
|

replied November 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Not Long Enough
sternchencalgary wrote:
I can also feel it when I ovulate.

how in the world do u feel when u ovulate?? Lol sorry if I sound dumb...But let me know!!
|

replied November 6th, 2004
Reply How Do I Feel When I Ovulate
Hi,
by the time I ovulate, my zervix is like eggwhite and I am always right. I take the test and it is positive. Every month. I just dont feel well that time of the month, my skin is not good and I am tired. And then I have a stomache pain, sometimes it is pretty bad. The pain is exacly when I ovulate and stops once I am done ovulating and the test is negative again. Before I was pregnant I did not feel it, but since I was pregnant one time (miscarried at 7 week) I feel it every month. But that is different from woman to moman.
Corinna
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....