Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

ball underneath my skin on my neck

I have a question and hopefully someone will be able to answer it. A few days ago I noticed what felt like a ball underneath my skin on my neck. I figured that it would go away but it hasn't. It's not uncomforable or painful, only it does hurt a tiny bit if you press on it. I have no idea what it could be.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 8th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
It could be a cyst (sist)? I dont know how its spelled. But my sister had something like that and she was kinda freaked out so she went to the clinic and they cut it open and all this guk came out and they had to stitch it back together. So you should get it looked at.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 27th, 2011
having a web page related to medical problems and not having a doctor available to respond to your readers is a gross show of disrespect toward them because they are coming to you with their problems and you don´t have the decency to respond profesionally
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This seems cyst. Its benign and doesnot require any treatment. If its getting bigger in size or the
overlying skin colour changes then consult general surgeon to evaluate it.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: skin, neck, ball and
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.