I have had swelling in my thumb for about 3 days now. I can't been my thumb at all. It pains me too bad . Half the time it feels like fire and the other times it feels like ice inside. This is on the inside of my thumb. It sometimes travels down the inside of my hand and into my arm.(the pain).
There is a small hard blister down on the inside base of thumb. I have not injured the thumb that I know of. I have have 2 surgeries of carpal tunnel on this hand before. I want to know if this could probaly be gout or maybe nerve damage to hand causing this pain. There is no redness noted, just keeps swelling and hurting.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2004
You can definitely get gout in your fingers. I know someone who has suffered this for years and is diet related. As I understand it - gout can be triggered by other injuries or physical stress. In my case, gout was triggered by arthritis in my foot. I still have the occasional twinge and my feet are often sore, but no gout. This I believe is due to diet, one that is, that works for me.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....