Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Your Opinion Matters to Me! I Need Advice!

Okay,
those of you who remember me or those that don't know me here's my situation. Kia I hope you can help too! Well, as some of you know i've only had one true faint positive on my hpt. That was like over a month ago. Now i'm planning on seeing a docter this week or next week. My mom thinks I should just get a urine test from the docter, but I think if I am not showing up on hpt's chances are they won't show up on proffesional urine test. I'm wondering if I should ask for a blood test even though I have to pay for the first 500 dollars or do a urine test and go from there. Now, i've had a lot of symptoms, but symptoms can mean anything. My stomach has started to grow a bit these last two weeks and i'm not the only one to notice it. Co-workers and my hubby notice it too! I'm so frustrated right now because my mom and a few others think i'm not pregnant and that i'm imagining things while people like my co-worker and friends as well as myself think I could possibly be pregnant. I really want peace of mind right now because it's frustrating to think that i'm not when I have a belly growing. I need advice on this to help me decide what I should do. Thanks, bobbi
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2004
Experienced User
My opinion, a quantitative blood test will give a lot more info than a urine test. They'll have the hcg level and that will help tell a lot about the pregnancy, if you are pregnant. It will show the smallest levels of hcg which might be missed by the urine test and if you've got any hcg in you it's important to know.

Do you have to decide before you go to the doc's? Can you ask their opinion what will be the most cost effective but will give the best long term info?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
No, I don't have to decide before, but I would like to.
|

Hi Pitterpatter
Hmm best 2 do a blood test, I guess it will be more accurate. Good luck.

Well u know my situation as well, I have all the symptoms for abt 5 weeks now, my belly is bloated, there is a line, heart burn. Nausea, cramps,u name it. I do feel that iam pg but my tests says negative so I force myself to believe the test but I am checking it out in a week. I was thinking it could b gas trouble and sum other illness.

Anywayz just wanted 2 know if anyone bleeds in the middle of ur cycle (not all times) after sex or an orgasm, very light but red, tampons not needed. I have had this last month and this month, but I did have my normal period right on time. I have never experienced this, is it sumthing I should be concerned abt??
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Just a thought, but...
Would it be possible to have a urine test done at the doctors (they use a colour change stick, instead of one which has lines).
If that is negative and you have thouroughly detailed your situation, then they could palpate your abdomen - you will be suprised what skilled hands can feel, also maybe they could schedule you for scan?
If it happened that you weren't pregnant, scans can be useful to show up fibroids and other things that could be a cause.
But if you are pregnant, it will show how you baby is.

Good luck and keep us updated Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
I would try the urine first. The blood test is 500? Wow thats alot of money!

<3
gaby
|

No, I don't know how much the blood test is, but we have to pay the first 500 dollars for the year. Then come january it starts out all over again and we have to pay up to 500 dollars again. His insurance sucks, but I won't get any until I get a full time job which won't be till next year (school year that is) if i'm lucky. Maybe, i'll go in and do a urine test, but make sure to tell the doctor that i've had symptoms for so long. I'll tell her what they are and about my weird period type thing. That way she can decide what to do.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Aww bobbi, I hope it all goes well honey. Wink
|

Me too! Confused
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
When I got my test from the doc they just did a urine test and were like yep ur def pregnant
|

replied October 14th, 2004
Re: Hi Pitterpatter
love1984 wrote:

anywayz just wanted 2 know if anyone bleeds in the middle of ur cycle (not all times) after sex or an orgasm, very light but red, tampons not needed. I have had this last month and this month, but I did have my normal period right on time. I have never experienced this, is it sumthing I should be concerned abt??

yes, this happened to me a few weeks ago. I was having sex and afterwards we got up after lying in bed for about five minutes and there was blood everywhere....It was a lot of blood. And now I am on my period...So I don't know what that means. ????? Good luck!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....