Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

What Is It Called When......

I got a question for everyone....What is it called when a docter transfers a sperm and inserts it into an egg and places it back into a woman womb? What if she got her tubes tied....Does she still have eggs? And how much will this procedure cost.....Please help me because I want to have a baby with her and this is the only procedure that I can think of.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2004
Experienced User
She can get her tubes untied and she can get pregnant there is no need for the sperm to be place in her egg just because she have her tubes tied does mean anything they are close off so no sperm fertilize her egg.

Good luck !
Erica
|

replied October 5th, 2004
I believe that you are talking about in-vitro fertilizer (ivf). I think it is quite expensive, my guess is a few of $10,000. There is another one I heard of is artificial insemination (iui) in which they give her fertility drug to help produce more eggs and directly inject sperms into her.

I have a relative who had ivf done oversea. They now have 3 little children from this procedure.

Well, before you go that far, I would try the natural way first. Again, if my memory is right 1 in 3 of women who have her tube untide are able to get pregnant again. Consult your doctor about your plan. Good luck.
|

replied October 17th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Im sure its alot
|

replied October 17th, 2004
I don't think they can do ivf on a woman with tubes tied. She would first have to have that reversed, but that is not very easy.

Why don't you consider adoption? Even if it is hard to adopt locally, there are still so many unwanted babies in developing countries. If you just want to make a baby with this woman, rather than becoming a parent to have a child to share your life, isn't that pretty selfish given the circumstances?
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....